- Collaboration with Amazon, Dell, Google, Microsoft, Okta and Samsung enable organizations to extend modern management and security across platform
- New innovations showcase breadth and depth of available platforms & capabilities
BARCELONA, Spain, Nov. 06, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today at VMworld 2018 Europe, VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) unveiled new capabilities to its intelligence-driven VMware Workspace ONE platform that provide modern management and security advancements for customers’ heterogeneous environments as well as richer employee experiences across more apps and devices. Leveraging new in-platform innovations and integrations that tie into ecosystem partner solutions, Workspace ONE continues to expand the breadth and depth of platforms and capabilities that organizations can tap into.
“2018 has been a transformative year for our Workspace ONE platform,” explained Shankar Iyer, senior vice president and general manager, End-User Computing, VMware. “With the previous launch of Workspace ONE Intelligence and the Workspace ONE Trust Network, we introduced the industry’s first intelligence-driven digital workspace platform. At VMworld US 2018, we unveiled innovations to accelerate customers’ adoption of modern management as they fully transition to Windows 10 and embrace Mac, iOS, Android, and Chromebooks. With today’s announcement we continue to deliver new capabilities at a blistering pace that fully embrace the heterogeneity we see across customers in the industry today. And, we have no intention of slowing down.”
Modern Management with the Required Depth for Today’s Heterogeneous Environments
Technology heterogeneity has never been more prolific in the workplace as employees continue to leverage a growing array of devices, OSes, services and apps to work in the manner that suits them best. Embracing this heterogeneity across the Workspace ONE platform helps organizations reduce IT costs and complexity, automate management and security and provide a better employee experience.
Workspace ONE boasts an extensive list of capabilities that continues to expand as VMware collaborates with leading technology companies to transform customers’ digital workspace environments. New innovations announced today include:
- Workspace ONE Intelligence Automation Connector: Workspace ONE Intelligence, a cloud-based service that provides insights and analytics with automated remediation capabilities across a digital workspace environment, can now be leveraged with third-party systems via the Workspace ONE Intelligence Automation Connector. Building on existing out-of-box connectors to Slack and ServiceNow, the connector provides a way for customers to connect automated actions and notifications created in Workspace ONE Intelligence with their existing systems such as service desk platforms.
- Workspace ONE Sensors for macOS: Workspace ONE Sensors enable customers to query any system attribute from silicon to software (firmware, BIOS, peripherals, apps, etc.) for visibility and compliance enforcement. This capability was previously announced for Windows 10 and today VMware is announcing the general availability of Sensors for macOS.
- Dell Provisioning for Workspace ONE now with Dell ProDeploy Client Suite: Dell Provisioning for VMware Workspace ONE is a service that preconfigures devices in the factory and ships them directly to end users for a ready-to-work experience with all Windows applications pre-loaded and available immediately to users on first boot. Today, VMware and Dell announced this service is now part of Dell ProDeploy Client Suite, which offers comprehensive deployment services that complement the provisioning service. This service can be purchased together with a new Workspace ONE license at a special combined rate as part of ProDeploy.
- Integration with Flexera AdminStudio for Easy Win32 App Publishing: Customers can now publish existing desktop applications directly from Flexera AdminStudio into their Workspace ONE catalog, avoiding costly and complex re-packaging of Win32 apps.
VMware also announced today advancements to VMware Horizon that are designed to deliver a seamlessly integrated hybrid cloud for virtual desktops and applications. Advancements announced today include:
- General Availability of Instant Clones and App Volumes for Horizon 7 on VMware Cloud on AWS: VMware Cloud on AWS now supports Horizon 7 Instant Clones, App Volumes and User Environment Manager for just-in-time provisioning of stateless virtual desktops. Customers can spin up virtual desktops at an average rate of 1-2 seconds per desktop, and instant clones reduce storage consumed by up to 80 percent.
- Consolidated Monitoring and Management: VMware is announcing integration of Horizon 7 with the Horizon Cloud Service. This integration provides unified visibility, health monitoring and helpdesk services for Horizon 7 deployments both on VMware Cloud on AWS and on premises infrastructure.
- Automated Installation of Horizon 7 on VMware Cloud on AWS: VMware is previewing the ability to automate several steps of the Horizon 7 installation on VMware Cloud on AWS via the Horizon Cloud Service integration. This will greatly reduce the install time for Horizon 7 on VMC on AWS with streamlined UI for installation.
Implicit Trust from Device to Network
With intrinsic security capabilities built into the Workspace ONE platform, customers can take advantage of better securing any app on any device using, data loss prevention (DLP) policies, encryption, and access management, to name a few.
“As new workstyles are more open, flexible and collaborative, IT departments are tasked to support employees while protecting corporate assets and personal privacy,” said Angela Salmeron, research manager, IDC. “Digital Workspace platforms with inherent security intelligence are pivotal for enterprises’ Future of Work strategies. With it, employees can more securely and seamlessly access relevant enterprise content and apps to do their jobs, across any device.”
Enhancements to the Workspace ONE Intelligence service provide insights that improve visibility from the device to the network and allow IT to automate remediation. VMware today introduced Workspace ONE Intelligence Identity Analytics. Leveraging data from VMware Identity Manager, Workspace ONE Intelligence will provide identify analytics that help IT proactively mitigate risks.
In addition to Workspace ONE’s intrinsic security capabilities, customers can leverage existing investments in specialized security solutions as part of the growing Workspace ONE Trust Network. By connecting with third-party solutions through Workspace ONE Intelligence, organizations can see a full view of their devices and users, along with the threats that are targeting them.
With this in mind, today VMware unveiled a solution developed in collaboration with Trust Network partner Carbon Black. Now in preview the solution integrates Carbon Black, Workspace ONE Intelligence and VMware AppDefense to extend threat intelligence into the data center, improve security posture, and automate the remediation of advanced threats.
Also announced today are two new offers that allow Workspace ONE customers to easily take advantage of Okta Identity Cloud. The partnership between Okta and VMware ties device trust to user identity via rich conditional access and provides employees with a central, more secure hub to access all apps, services, and devices.
Enhance Employee Experience & Productivity Across More Apps and Devices
With the right productivity apps at their fingertips, employees can get more done, faster, from anywhere. Workspace ONE Secure Productivity Apps are both engaging and intuitive with a consumer-simple experience. VMware today is announcing several enhancements to these apps, including:
- VMware Workspace ONE Boxer: Workspace ONE Boxer now supports G-Suite corporate email, enabling organizations looking to leverage Google to manage email.
- Workspace ONE Intelligence for Workspace ONE Secure Productivity Apps: VMware has built connectors to Workspace ONE Intelligence so organizations can get insights into app engagement, crash rates, login times, user behavior, and more.
- Support for Samsung DeX: Users can now access the Workspace ONE family of apps both on-the-go on their mobile device and connect their Galaxy S8, Note8, S9, Note9 and Tab S4 to a monitor, keyboard and mouse for a desktop computing experience with Samsung DeX. Employees can use their phone to open the VMware apps, use keyboard shortcuts, and drag and drop files all on the big screen.
Commenting on its partnership with VMware, Sean Kae, executive vice president of Global B2B Services, Samsung, said, “Providing access to applications isn’t enough – companies must also enable employees to have a consistent, contextual experience using those apps across all devices. Samsung and VMware continue to expand our partnership to enable employees to be as productive as possible while accessing work applications from their favorite Samsung device.”
VMware continues to innovate on its Horizon platform to enhance the employee experience for virtual desktops and apps across more device types and use cases. New innovations for Horizon remote experience include H.265/High Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC) encoder support for virtual desktops and apps; remote connection to physical PCs and workstations brokered through Blast; session collaboration for Linux; and support for the latest Samsung DeX to enable flexible, rich employee experiences.
Customers across EMEA are choosing Workspace ONE to enable modern management, improve security and enhance employee experience. In reference to his team’s experience with Workspace ONE, Dirk Eckert, general manager, Deutsche Telekom Individual Solutions & Products, said:
“Earlier this year, Deutsche Telekom Individual Solutions & Products partnered with VMware to launch our Flexible Enterprise Workplace service to help businesses embrace digital workplaces. Built on the Workspace ONE platform, our service will provide more secure and convenient access to corporate resources from any device on every place. Through our unique service design, innovative technologies, high level of automation and a convenient self-service portal, we are boosting employee satisfaction and improving productivity for our customers.
Regardless of whether devices are Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) or corporate-owned, the Flexible Enterprise Workplace provides a single platform to manage all apps and employee services, across all platforms including mobile devices and Windows 10.
We’ve also received positive feedback around the simplification of accessing apps as Workspace ONE removes the hassle of passwords while the employee only needs to login once – using single sign on. This powerful cloud solution is a great example of our excellent partnership with VMware.”
For information on all news announcements issued at VMworld 2018 Europe, please visit the Online Press Kit.
- Read perspective on today’s news from the End-User Computing team in a new blog post
- Join the End-User Computing leadership team at VMworld Europe 2018 during the Digital Workspace Keynote: End-User Computing and Mobility Live!
- Bookmark the VMware End-User Computing Blog
- Follow VMware on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
VMware, VMworld, Workspace ONE, Workspace ONE Intelligence, Workspace ONE Trust Network, Horizon, VMware Cloud, App Volumes, VMware User Environment Manager, Horizon Cloud Service, VMware Identity Manager, AppDefense and Boxer are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. The company’s compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to over 500,000 customers globally, aided by an ecosystem of 75,000 partners. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, this year VMware celebrates twenty years of breakthrough innovation benefiting business and society. For more information, please visit https://www.vmware.com/company.html.
VMware Global Communications