The VMware(R) Solution Exchange Enables Customers to Discover, Evaluate and Expedite Buying Process for Joint Solutions Through Direct Engagement With Partners and Developers
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 25, 2012) - VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today unveiled the VMware Solution Exchange, an online virtualization and cloud solutions marketplace where customers, partners and developers can converge to help simplify the process of evaluating and selecting business solutions through a centralized, self-service portal.
A New Way to Find Solutions for the Private and Public Cloud
- VMware has a robust community of more than 2,000 technology partners who have built more than 3,500 applications and 6,000 infrastructure products that are compatible with VMware's portfolio of products.
- The VMware Solution Exchange offers partners and developers who complement, integrate or interoperate with VMware's portfolio of products a one-stop location to market and sell their solutions to potential customers.
- The proliferation of social media tools has evolved the way many people use the Internet to search, share and discover information, with user-generated feedback and community engagement playing an important role.
- The VMware Solution Exchange looks to provide this familiar experience, by empowering customers to utilize search tools, explore rich multimedia content, and directly engage with partners and developers to help ease the process of finding the right solution for their businesses.
Additional VMware Solution Exchange features include:
- Partners and developers can feature their solutions and supplement their listings with rich multimedia content, including the ability to embed YouTube videos, provide product overviews, select technology categories, downloadable trial software, screenshots of their products, downloadable whitepapers, architecture blueprints and other marketing collateral.
- Each partner and developer will be able to provide an overview of their solution, with VMware and third party software version compatibility, VMware certification details, including their VMware Ready logo and contact information.
- Customers of all sizes, from small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), to enterprise buyers, will be able to discover new solutions and directly engage with partners and developers with inquiries for licenses, trials, support and sales requests.
- In addition, the VMware Solution Exchange provides customers with the opportunity to use a five-star rating system and provide a written review about their experience with the solution. They can also vote on a particular version of a partner's solution.
- The home page of the VMware Solution Exchange showcases featured and popular listings from VMware partners and developers.
- Solutions from partners and developers are categorized by technology type and industry type, along with the VMware product with which they are compatible or integrated with.
Parag Patel, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware
"With the VMware Solution Exchange, we are offering our robust partner network a new and centralized marketplace to promote their solutions and directly connect with customers to help expedite the sales process. For customers, our goal is to empower them to quickly and easily find the resources they need to make purchasing decisions to accelerate their journey to the cloud, while also helping our technology partners deliver and manage joint solutions in a single, self-service location."
Visit the VMware Solution Exchange
Follow VMware on Twitter: @VMware
Twitter hashtag: #VMwareVSX
VMware Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vmware
VMware YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/VMwareTV
For more VMware news, please visit:
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2011 revenues of $ 3.77 billion, VMware has more than 300,000 customers and 25,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware is a registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Phone: 650 427 1911