Education, Financial Services, Healthcare, Government and Manufacturing Sectors Can Benefit From Specialized Offerings of VMware Horizon to Address Their Needs
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 26, 2014) - VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today expanded its portfolio of validated desktop solutions for vertical industries to address challenges experienced by individual business sectors. The solutions meet specific performance, availability and security needs of vertical industries such as education, financial services, healthcare, government and manufacturing using the advanced technology found in VMware Horizon™.
"President Barack Obama recently issued a memo to all federal agencies mandating that they do a better job offering telework and flexible work schedules to employeesi," said Erik Frieberg, vice president, product marketing, End-User Computing, VMware. "VMware's Federal Secure Desktop solution for the Federal Government is just one example of how our broad portfolio of vertical solutions can help organizations achieve their mandate efficiently and securely. By working closely with customers across industries, we understand the various IT challenges they encounter every day, and can accelerate their desktop modernization initiatives using our tested and validated solutions."
Vertical Industry Solutions
VMware works closely with technology partners to create complete, tested and validated solutions for critical use cases within a particular vertical industry. VMware vertical solutions help accelerate the time to value and minimize risk for customers.
Focus verticals include:
- Education - The updated VMware Secure Online Testing solution makes it easy for school districts to deliver state mandated online testing that complies with the Common Core State Standards Initiative with minimal IT resources and disruption. VMware has achieved qualification from Pearson TestNav and is currently working on certification with the American Institutes for Research to securely deliver their online test system.
- Federal Government - Built specifically for strict Federal Government security requirements, the updated VMware Federal Secure Desktop solution allows agencies to easily comply with the Federal Telework Initiative and meet the demands of agencies requiring the highest level of data protection. The solution includes key cybersecurity components such as SIPRNet token integration, CAC and PIV card support, and multi-level security to provide the most rigid, yet flexible data protection.
- Financial Services - VMware's new AlwaysOn Financial Workplace™ solution can give financial services organizations peace of mind by providing high availability of their critical systems and business continuity for disaster planning. The solution also enables a more mobile workforce while complying with regulations around data privacy by keeping client information in the data center, in case of lost or stolen devices.
- Healthcare - The new VMware Care Systems Analytics can monitor the health and performance of the entire Electronic Medical Record (EMR) clinical system environment -- from the infrastructure to the point of care -- to maximize the EMR investment. Along with VMware AlwaysOn Point of Care™ -- a secure, mobile and highly available clinical desktop, VMware Care Systems Analytics can help healthcare organizations improve clinical workflow and patient outcomes by alerting IT of potential issues so they can be resolved before the clinician is affected.
- Manufacturing - The new VMware High Performance Desktop with 3-D solution can deliver workstation level performance while enabling secure collaboration. Companies with designers or developers in geographically dispersed locations can get the 3-D graphics performance they need to construct models and designs while companies benefit from their intellectual properties being protected in the data center.
"I'm excited about the level of visibility VMware Care Systems Analytics gives us into our EMR systems and supporting infrastructure," said Jason Theis, lead systems engineer, University of Colorado Health. "The solution gives us the ability to create role-based dashboards as well as shared dashboards that enhance communication between our geographically dispersed teams. It also automatically detects anomalies from the normal behavior of our environment and gives us a head start in troubleshooting by providing a list of potential root causes."
"The government IT landscape is changing rapidly. Establishing a virtual desktop infrastructure can help agencies address the multiple challenges introduced not only by increased mobility but also by the rising demand for multilevel security needed to support both in-house and mobile workers," said Shawn McCarthy, Research Director, IDC Government Insights.
VMware Vertical Solutions are available today.
- Read a blog post by Tisa Murdock, director of solutions marketing, End-User Computing, VMware
- Visit the VMware Vertical Solutions product page for additional information about each solution.
- Visit the VMware Solution Exchange to learn more about the virtualization and cloud infrastructure ecosystem.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, AlwaysOn Point of Care and AlwaysOn Financial Workplace are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
i FACT SHEET: The White House Summit On Working Families, June 23, 2014, Office of the Press Secretary, White House http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/06/23/presidential-memorandum-enhancing-workplace-flexibilities-and-work-life-
VMware Global Communications
H+K Strategies for VMware