BARCELONA, SPAIN–(Marketwired – February 23, 2016) – At Mobile World Congress 2016, VMware, Inc., (NYSE: VMW) is showcasing the company’s momentum in helping communications service providers (CSPs) adopt network functions virtualization (NFV) to deliver the unified, hybrid Telco Cloud. The company has experienced a significant increase in customer deployments and pipeline year over year, as customers accelerate adoption of the company’s production-proven VMware vCloud® NFV™ platform.
- MetTel and Transatel are the latest customers to complete proof of concepts or production deployments of virtual network functions on VMware NFV infrastructure (NFVI);
- New VMware vRealize® management packs can deliver unified visibility and management simplifies NFV operations and troubleshooting;
- Affirmed Networks, Metaswitch Networks and Procera Networks complete VMware Ready for NFV certification;
- VMware vCloud NFV and VMware’s ecosystem partners will be featured at Mobile World Congress 2016 in Barcelona, February 22-25, 2016, in Hall 3, Stand 3K10.
New VMware vCloud NFV Customers
VMware and its partners are helping service provider customers transform their businesses with NFV that helps them lower costs considerably and enables rapid and agile service innovation. New vCloud NFV customers include:
- MetTel , a leading communications solutions provider for enterprise businesses deployed VeloCloud Cloud-Delivered SD-WAN running on VMware’s network functions virtualization infrastructure (NFVI).
- Transatel , a leading enabler in MVNO and IoT, has deployed Affirmed Network’s Mobile Content Cloud™ on VMware’s network functions virtualization infrastructure. The combined solution underlies Transatel’s upcoming commercial launch of an embedded connectivity service for laptops and tablets in the United States. Transatel previously deployed Affirmed’s virtual Evolved Packet Core (vEPC) on VMware NFVi to deliver services to European Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) customers.
Simplifying and Automating Telco Cloud Operations Management
New VMware vRealize management packs provide the proactive intelligence and visibility required to meet Quality of Service and Quality of Experience service levels in a dynamic telco cloud environment.
- Blue Medora vRealize Operations Management™ Pack for KVM – enables CSPs to gain comprehensive visibility and insights into the performance, capacity, and health of KVM workloads. This pack is generally available today.
- VMware Management Pack for Network Devices – extends the operational management capabilities of the vRealize Operations™ core product to physical data center networking. This pack is generally available today.
- VMware Management Pack for NSX for vSphere® 3.0 – provides comprehensive visibility of the virtual and physical network via the integration of the VMware NSX® for vSphere and Network Devices Management Pack. This back is generally available today.
- VMware Management Pack for OpenStack 2 – will provide out of the box dashboards, reports, inventory views, and alerts complete with remediation actions for OpenStack environments. The management pack will work with VMware’s Integrated OpenStack distribution as well as any other OpenStack cloud based on the OpenStack Kilo release. This pack will be available in Q2 2016.
New VMware Ready NFV Certified Partners
VMware Ready® NFV allows partners to certify their virtual network functions (VNFs) for compatibility with VMware NFV infrastructure. The VMware Ready certification provides CSPs with the confidence that NFV solutions will deploy, run and interoperate with vCloud NFV. The newest solutions to complete VMware Ready NFV certification are Affirmed Networks Mobile Content Cloud™; Metaswitch Networks Clearwater Core (IMS Core) and Perimeta SBC (Session Border Controller); and Procera Networks PacketLogic/V. These offerings can be found on the VMware Solution Exchange (VSX).
- “NFV adoption is accelerating and VMware is at the heart of enabling the Telco transformation. Exiting 2015, we met on every key business objective — NFV platform delivery based on VMware’s production-proven infrastructure components, proof of adoption at Vodafone, IIJ, Ooredoo and Vip Mobile, and establishment of strong partner ecosystem. Whether customers choose a VMware-based NFV approach or OpenStack, we are delivering the industry’s only single, unified platform for supporting multiple VNF’s from multiple vendors simultaneously across mobile, commercial and IT clouds. This is the true unified Telco cloud.” – Shekar Ayyar, Corporate Senior Vice President and General Manager, Telco NFV Group, VMware
- “We are seeing tremendous adoption of NFV by communications service providers globally who realize the many business benefits that can be gained through this network evolution. Our work with strategic partners such as VMware, is designed to accelerate these deployments so they occur as efficiently and profitably as possible.” – Amit Tiwari, vice president of Strategic Alliances and Systems Engineering at Affirmed Networks
- “As early supporters and innovators in the NFV space, Metaswitch and VMware have jointly helped early adopters move to virtualized deployments worldwide. Our VMware Ready NFV certification for Clearwater Core vIMS and Perimeta vSBC further provides operators with added endorsement to the success and readiness of our combined solution.” – Brandon Harper, SVP of Business Development & Channels, Metaswitch Networks
- “By using PacketLogic/V with the VMware vCloud NFV platform, our operator, managed service provider, analytics service provider, and vendor customers can take advantage of the cost savings and service agility benefits attributed to virtualization and can do so with the assurance that our virtual offering is backed by VMware’s robust, trusted technology.” – Michael Kay, vice president and general manager, OEM & Channels, Procera Networks
- “VeloCloud, VMware and our customers, such as MetTel, share a common vision of simplicity, agility and automation for enterprise wide area networks (WAN). VMware helps VeloCloud and our customers abstract from specific hardware to deliver on demand services for on premise and cloud based SD-WAN, and our customers to transform their WAN through adoption of NFV.” – Sanjay Uppal, CEO & Co-founder, VeloCloud
- Learn more about the VMware vCloud NFV Platform
- See what VMware NFV partners are demonstrating at Mobile World Congress
- Read the VMware Telco NFV Blog
- Connect with VMware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware’s industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, vCloud, vCloud NFV, vRealize, vRealize Operations, Operations Management Pack, NSX, vSphere and VMware Ready are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Roger T. Fortier
VMware Global Influencer Relations