Key Announcements, Discussions and Demonstrations of the Solutions at the Heart of the Software-Defined Datacenter; VMworld Europe 2012 Scheduled for October 9-11 in Barcelona
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 30, 2012) - VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced the conclusion of its ninth annual VMworld® conference, which was held from August 26-30 at Moscone Center in San Francisco. VMworld 2012 attracted a record 21,000 customers, partners, press and analysts, and 250 sponsors and exhibitors signifying major interest from the IT industry in cloud computing and the next generation of IT.
With the theme of, "Right Here, Right Now" VMworld 2012 featured more than 330 unique breakout sessions across ten tracks from companies and customers driving innovation in the virtualization and cloud industry.
VMware executives led two general session keynote presentations during the event detailing how VMware is helping customers and partners thrive in the cloud era. Replays of the keynote presentations are available at http://www.vmworld.com/community/conference/us/learn/generalsessions.
Key highlights and announcements made during the event include:
- VMware vCloud® Suite: The first solution for the software-defined datacenter, the VMware vCloud Suite 5.1 brings together the components customers need to build, operate and manage cloud infrastructure:
- VMware vSphere® 5.1 - The proven platform for any application: The foundation of the VMware vCloud Suite is an updated version of the world's most widely deployed virtualization platform, VMware vSphere 5.1, which includes more than 100 enhancements and new features to deliver the highest service levels for all applications.
- VMware vCloud Director® 5.1 - Provision virtual datacenters in minutes: VMware vCloud Director orchestrates the provisioning of software-defined datacenter services to deliver complete virtual datacenters (VDCs) that can be ready for consumption in minutes.
- VMware vCloud Networking and Security 5.1 - Redefine the network: VMware vCloud Networking and Security will enable the dynamic creation of virtual networks and services that are completely decoupled and independent from the physical network hardware.
- VMware vCenter™ Site Recovery Manager™ 5.1 - Automate disaster recovery for all applications: vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.1 simplifies disaster recovery planning and ensures predictable recovery through automated testing and plan execution.
- Cloud Ops: New operating model for the cloud era featuring education, transformation and advisory services help unleash value of cloud through people, process and measurement.
- Cloud Ops Forum: A group of consulting and integration partners that will collaborate on further definition of the new cloud operating model. Launch members of the Cloud Ops Forum include Canopy, Capgemini, CGI, CSC, Dell, Deloitte, EMC, HP, Infosys, T-Systems and VMware.
- First Look at VMware Horizon™: an integrated platform for the Mobile Workforce: Onstage at VMworld, VMware demonstrated the alpha version of the VMware Horizon Suite, showcasing how it will help customers deliver the multi-device workspace and give end-users secure access to applications and data from anywhere.
More information from VMworld 2012 is available at www.vmworld.com
Additional media information is available at the VMworld 2012 Press Room www.vmware.com/go/vmworldmedia
VMworld Europe will take place in Barcelona on October 9-11, 2012. To register, please visit: http://www.vmworld.com/community/conference/europe
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2011 revenues of $3.77 billion, VMware has more than 400,000 customers and 55,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, VMware vSphere, vCloud Director, VMware vCloud, VMware vCenter, vCenter Site Recovery Manager, VMware Horizon and VMworld are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Other marks mentioned herein are trademarks, which are proprietary to VMware, Inc. or another company.
The OutCast Agency for VMware
VMware Global Communications