New Enterprise Social Offering Brings All the Capabilities of the Enterprise Version to Small Businesses and Departments With Up to 50 Users
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 6, 2012) - Socialcast® by VMware® today announced full-featured Socialcast enterprise social networks will be free of charge1 for up to 50 users. This is the first enterprise social network to offer a free option for small businesses and departments that includes an award-winning user experience backed by enterprise-level security, compliance capabilities, administration tools, mobile access, and the ability to integrate with existing applications. With full access to features, organizations can completely implement an enterprise social network and experience how social connects people, information and applications to drive business results.
"Limited products don't deliver on the potential of enterprise social," said Tim Young, vice president of Social, VMware. "We don't want people to have anything but the best experience with their communities. Now we're able to offer companies of all sizes enterprise social networks that employees will love to use, and with the confidence their data is secure."
Enterprise social networks are driving greater efficiencies, improved employee engagement and satisfaction for organizations of all sizes. The value of social networks surfaces as employees increase engagement and more work moves into a social space. Time limitations, feature metering or compromised security prohibit the full enterprise social experience. By offering a free solution VMware is investing in social so organizations can be confident they are deploying enterprise social networks that drive business results now and as their communities grow.
The new Socialcast free communities include:
- Access for up to 50 members that can connect and collaborate in a secure, private social network
- Create a secure, shared online workspace for internal and external team members to work smarter and more efficiently
- Quickly create groups to organize communications and activities around a project, team, topic, or interest
- Integrate social capabilities to intranets, wikis, CRM solutions and other business applications across the company to create a more streamlined flow of work
- Manage employee usage and access, and monitor compliance with company policies and industry regulations with enterprise-class administrative capabilities
- Access your Socialcast community anytime, anywhere with Socialcast Mobile applications for Apple® iPad™, iPhone™, BlackBerry®, and Android® mobile devices
Organizations can sign up today for a free Socialcast community at www.socialcast.com/free50.
1Terms of service available at http://socialcast.com/terms.
Socialcast by VMware (NYSE: VMW) is a social network for business uniting people, information, and applications with its real-time enterprise activity stream engine. Behind the firewall or in the cloud, Socialcast enables instant collaboration in a secure environment. Socialcast is headquartered in San Francisco, California. For more information visit www.socialcast.com or call 1-888-779-3220.
VMware and Socialcast by VMware are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.