VMware Collaboration Bundle Integrates AirWatch Content Locker, AirWatch Video and Socialcast Into One Productivity Suite to Simplify Content Collaboration and Delivery
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - April 08, 2015) - VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced the VMware® Collaboration Bundle, a new product suite that integrates AirWatch® Content Locker file sync and sharing, Socialcast® enterprise social networking and AirWatch Video distribution and sharing products for customers seeking to empower employees, drive business innovation and simplify information technology.
The VMware Collaboration Bundle aggregates content, supports organizational alignment, discovers internal experts and connects applications and people with the content, social networking and video services they need to do work effectively. It integrates AirWatch Content Locker, Socialcast and AirWatch Video tools to transform business processes, tap into and distribute collective knowledge and protect sensitive information and intellectual property. The content and collaboration platform aggregates and mobilizes existing internal and cloud-based information repositories and bridges existing systems of record with secure social collaboration.
Benefits of the VMware Collaboration Bundle include the ability to:
- Aggregate content across new and existing, internal and external repositories with mobile-optimized access and enterprise data loss prevention. The integrated platform more securely bridges data within existing systems, data repositories, applications and workflows. AirWatch Content Locker brings content out of individual accounts or emails into a collaborative workspace for cross team, regional and organizational use.
- Align the organization with open channels to broadcast information in any medium and create feedback loops to drive true engagement. Socialcast and AirWatch Video provide interactive broadcast mediums for text, files, images and video that is simpler than email attachments, while allowing for cross organizational, two-way communication. Remote employees receive real-time access to company information, news and resources, and employee ideas and suggestions are supported through submission and feedback portals.
- Discover experts within the organization through social networking, and engage with them in real-time to get relevant questions answered. Through Socialcast, employees can find internal experts through simple searches and get quick answers to questions by broadcasting questions to specific workgroups within the organization. Social analytics provide insight into recommendations for people, groups and content to follow within the social community.
- Connect people and processesto applications, systems and workflows by integrating mobile collaboration services into new and existing applications. With integration between AirWatch Content Locker, Socialcast, AirWatch Video and dozens of third-party applications, organizations can seamlessly share content and ideas without compromising security or losing data integrity and historical context.
Availability and Pricing
The VMware Collaboration Bundle is available for purchase today. Contact VMware or AirWatch sales or a local partner for pricing.
"As the era of the tethered employee is coming to an end, organizations are compelled to discover new ways to connect and share with employees, partners and customers," said Richard Edwards, principal research analyst, Ovum. "The VMware Collaboration Bundle allows enterprises to collaborate more effectively with specific individuals or groups at any given time while increasing employee engagement, a key factor in customer satisfaction. Ovum research found IT will invest even more in enterprise file sync and share, collaboration and social networking in 2015, and VMware now provides an integrated solution for organizations looking to take advantage of these productivity tools."
"The VMware Collaboration Bundle offers our customers the best-in-breed content and collaboration capabilities offered by VMware and AirWatch," said Erik Frieberg, vice president, End-User Computing, VMware. "We believe computing comprises mobile, desktop and content and collaboration, and this new bundle makes it even easier for our customers to take advantage of content, social and video initiatives within their organizations. This collaboration bundle truly allows our customers and their employees the freedom to work at the speed of life."
- Learn moreabout the VMware Collaboration Bundle
- Read a blog post about the VMware Collaboration Bundle
- Register for a webinar featuring Mike Maxey, director of content solutions, AirWatch by VMware
VMware is a leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2014 revenues of $6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, AirWatch and Socialcast are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
AirWatch by VMware Communications