PALO ALTO, Calif., February 15, 2018 – For the fourth year in a row, VMware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW) is one of the 2018 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, according to global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work® and Fortune. VMware took the No. 39 spot. Within the list, VMware was highlighted and No. 9 of information technology companies.
The list, which is based on survey responses from more than 310,000 employees rating their workplace culture on 50-plus elements of the workplace. These include trust in managers, compensation, fairness, camaraderie and workplace traits linked to innovation. The ranking accounted for the experiences of all employees including women, people of color, LGBT individuals, older team members, and disabled employees.
The field of potential competitors for the list is large. Any company that is at least five years old with more than 1,000 U.S. employees is eligible.
In the past year, VMware also ranked as a best workplace in Technology (No. 8, large business category) for Giving Back (No. 14), for Millennials (No. 62), in the Bay Area (No. 15), Companies that Care (No. 42), for Diversity (No. 30) and for Parents (No. 19), by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
- For interviews with VMware executives, or onsite campus visits, please contact Michael Thacker, email@example.com; 415-205-8326.
- B-roll can be found at http://www.vmware.com/company/news.html. This includes B-roll of “VMware employee celebrations,” which highlights aspects of VMware’s unique culture.
- VMware is currently hiring, with over 1,100 open positions around the world and approximately 340 positions in California. More information can be found at the VMware Careers Site: http://careers.vmware.com
- Read a blog post on our recognition on the 2018 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list
- Connect with VMware on Twitter and Facebook
- Connect with VMware Careers on Twitter and Facebook
VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, helps customers realize possibilities by accelerating their digital transformation journeys. With VMware solutions, organizations are improving business agility by modernizing data centers and integrating public clouds, driving innovation with modern apps, creating exceptional experiences by empowering the digital workspace, and safeguarding customer trust by transforming security. With 2016 revenue of $7.09 billion, VMware is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and has over 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners worldwide.
VMware is a registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
VMware Global Communications