Company achieves milestones in revenue, data-center deployments and channel sales growth;
robust sales pipeline will drive even stronger growth in 2014
WALTHAM, Mass.—January 29, 2014—Bit9, the leader in advanced threat protection for endpoints and servers based on real-time visibility and prevention, today announced that explosive demand for advanced threat protection against increasingly sophisticated and targeted attacks propelled the company to record growth in 2013. Bit9 achieved milestones in all key revenue categories, and a robust sales pipeline positions the company for even greater success in 2014.
“2013 was an exceptional year for Bit9—and, most importantly, for our customers—as more companies deployed our industry-leading advanced threat protection platform on their endpoints, servers and fixed-function devices,” said Patrick Morley, president and chief executive officer of Bit9. “Every organization is a potential target, and more companies are turning to Bit9 for real-time prevention and response because traditional security solutions are failing them. That’s never been more evident than with the rise in successful attacks on point-of-sale systems.”
Bit9 2013 results include:
- 66% revenue growth
- 93% increase in data-center sales
- 137% channel sales growth
“As advanced threats grow in number and severity, organizations need a new generation of endpoint and server security,” Morley said. “Antivirus is simply not effective against the targeted and zero-day attacks that make headlines on almost a daily basis. Bit9’s success in 2013 is proof that our approach to security, based on real-time prevention and response, is the best choice to protect enterprises against potentially devastating advanced threats.”
Key Bit9 accomplishments in 2013 include:
- Established partnerships with leading network security companies FireEye and Palo Alto Networks; introduced Bit9 for FireEye and Bit9 for Palo Alto Networks to integrate endpoint/server and network security.
- Delivered industry firsts in advanced threat detection and forensics, including Advanced Threat Indicators (ATI), to identify threats that traditional security tools, such as antivirus, cannot.
- Published a research report on the significant security risk posed by Java, the endpoint technology most targeted by cyber attacks
- Introduced Bit9 for Mac, the first enterprise-caliber security solution to stop advanced threats and zero-day attacks against Macs
- Hosted the largest user conference in company history, with a four-fold increase in attendees and double the number of sessions
Bit9 is the leader in advanced threat protection for endpoints and servers based on real-time visibility and prevention. Bit9 is the only solution that continuously monitors and records all activity on endpoints and servers and stops cyber threats that evade traditional security defenses. Bit9’s real-time sensor and recorder, cloud-based services, and real-time enforcement engine give organizations immediate visibility into everything running on their endpoints and servers; real-time signature-less detection of and protection against advanced threats; a recorded history of all endpoint and server activity to rapidly respond to alerts and incidents; and real-time integration with network security devices such as FireEye and Palo Alto Networks. 1,000 organizations worldwide—from 25 Fortune 100 companies to small businesses—use Bit9 to increase security, reduce operational costs and improve compliance.