CB Response 6.0 is the only solution with instant and complete visibility to pinpoint an attack’s root cause in minutes, going far beyond Tanium’s “search” capabilities
WALTHAM, Mass.—January 12, 2017—Carbon Black, a leader in next-generation endpoint security, today announced the release of CB Response 6.0, a new version of its market-leading incident response and threat-hunting solution that changes the game for security-operations teams by providing the only end-to-end IR solution with unlimited scalability.
With CB Response, security teams’ total incident response time shifts from 78 hours to less than 15 minutes per incident. Root-cause identification shifts from 20 hours to less than 10 minutes, according to incident response professionals who regularly use CB Response.
“CB Response 6.0 is a game-changing solution for incident responders,” said Michael Viscuso, Carbon Black’s chief technology officer and co-founder. “Competing products, like Tanium, focus on answering a single question. Most investigations typically require answers to thousands of questions. CB Response empowers security teams to complete full investigations in minutes, including root cause. Without root cause, Tanium’s customers will never get ahead of attackers. Additionally, Tanium’s ‘15-second search’ only answers questions for machines that are currently online. When the fate of a company lies in incident response, security visibility can’t be a nine-to-five endeavor.”
CB Response’s new Process-Timeline View of events empowers security teams to conduct complete incident response investigations faster and more thoroughly than ever before.
New enhancements in CB Response 6.0 include:
- Unlimited Scaling: Scales to the largest of enterprises, supporting hundreds of thousands of endpoints with a new, innovative system architecture, for on-premises deployments.
- New UI Built for Fast Search and Proactive Threat Hunting: Quick and agile search features via a new Process-Timeline View, which enables investigators to zoom in on specific timeframes via click-and-drag functions or broadly view the timeline to note anomalies. Investigators can zoom in or out in seconds to pinpoint threats.
- Unlimited Data Retention: A multi-tiered data-storage model provides immediate access to archived data and complete visibility into any attack regardless of when it started.
Nominated for the 2017 SC Magazine Excellence Award for “Best Enterprise Security Solution,” CB Response offers immediate ROI for customers, including:
- Infrastructure built for speed and real-time response
- A solution that’s proven at scale to fit in any enterprise
- Complete visibility that the (Security Operations Center) SOC needs to see the most advanced threats
- A solution that empowers proactive threat hunting