VMware multi-cloud solutions are on display at its Mobile World Congress stand – Hall 3, Stand 3M11. This online media kit is home to all VMware announcements made at the show as well as on-demand demos, customer testimonials, partner updates and more.
Dive Deeper into the Mobile World Congress 2022 News
Read the news releases and announcements to get details on all the technology innovations, VMware executive commentary, and customer and partner perspectives.
- Telcos Transform into Technology Powerhouses with VMware: VMware unveils products and partnerships at Mobile World Congress 2022 that will help service providers more quickly modernize their networks and monetize new services. This includes innovations in the areas of modern apps, the RAN, and the edge.
- DISH to Trial VMware RAN Intelligent Controller: DISH is standing up a 5G network from scratch and selected VMware to build the foundation for the complex radio access network (RAN). Its RAN workloads will run on top of VMware Telco Cloud Platform RAN and DISH will trial VMware’s RAN Intelligent Controller (RIC) as the platform on top of which RAN applications will run.
- Safaricom Taps VMware to Build a Greenfield Network in Ethiopia: Safaricom, as part of an international consortium named the Global Partnership for Ethiopia, will build out a telecom network in Ethiopia from scratch. In this endeavor, Safaricom has selected VMware Telco Cloud Platform as the digital foundation on top of which its network will rise.
- Millicom (Tigo)Accelerates Its Multi-Cloud Journey with VMware: With VMware Cloud, Tigo has become more agile and efficient, and the team is gaining the cloud skills it needs to embrace new features in the future. VMware brought the benefits of multi-cloud to its data centers. Now Tigo plans to work with VMware to do the same with its 5G core network.
- Verizon Business Furthers Global Managed Services Portfolio Expansion with VMware: Verizon announces the addition of VMware to the global managed Software-Defined Wide-Area Network (SD-WAN) service portfolio. This new solution, built for cloud-ready global enterprises, bolsters Verizon’s partner ecosystem in delivering managed SD-WAN services within its Network as a Service (NaaS) strategy.
- VMware SASE Launched by BT As a Managed Service: VMware and BT announce an agreement to offer multinational customers more choice and flexibility in how they embrace a cloud-first approach to networking, security, and edge computing. BT will offer its customers VMware Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) as a global managed service, combining BT’s extensive networking capabilities and in-depth security expertise with VMware technology.
- AWS and VMware Collaborate Across 5G and Edge Computing Solutions: VMware and AWS are addressing use cases specific across service provider networks. Together, they are working to enable service providers to streamline operations and automation, optimize network traffic and provide a superior end-user experience.
- MetTel and VMware to Deliver Cloud-Based Security, Networking and Compute Services at the Edge: MetTel will offer customers a managed secure access service edge (SASE) solution powered by VMware SASE. The solution will enable IT organizations to efficiently deliver cloud-based security, networking and edge compute services to applications running at the edge.
- HCL Technologies and VMware Expand Partnership to Streamline 5G and RAN Deployments: VMware and HCL will expand their partnership to deliver integrated solutions for service providers around the world. Specifically, HCL will expand its portfolio of managed infrastructure services powered by VMware technology to include support for VMware Telco Cloud – 5G Core and VMware Telco Cloud RAN. In addition, HCL will set up a dedicated lab to streamline the deployment of these solutions across customers’ networks.
Around Our Partner Ecosystem
Don't miss these announcements highlighting our work with partners across the core, RAN and edge!
- Arrcus: Arrcus and VMware Enable Operational Agility with Hyperscale Networking Solution
- Druid Software: Druid Software Collaborates with ASOCS and VMware on Private 5G at the Enterprise Edge
- Softbank: SoftBank Corp. Succeeds in Developing SRv6 MUP Technology to Implement MEC and Network Slicing Affordably at Scale
- STL: STL, VMware and ASOCS Unveil End-to-End 5G Enterprise Solution at MWC 2022
VMware and Dish Wireless are collaborating to build the world’s first programmable Network of Networks. Built to drive automation and simplicity for enterprises, the Network of Networks will enable industries to better serve differentiated service requirements and quickly enable new services. Dish Wireless is the pioneer in Network slicing, Open RAN, and other 5G innovations that have the power to transform how we all live, work and play.
Tigo is transforming its infrastructure to prepare for an array of new 5G services and use cases for its Latin American customers. Implementing a telco cloud approach is central to providing the flexibility and scalability needed for 5G.
On Demand Demos
Couldn't make it to Barcelona this year? We have you covered! Here are a few of the technology demonstrations that are on display in the VMware stand.