Helping organizations survive and thrive in today’s dynamic and uncertain times.
By Roger Fortier, VMware
Traditional cloud migration requires customers to rewrite, refactor, and/or re-platform. This is hard, slow, and expensive. And to support suddenly remote workers and students during the pandemic, businesses needed to quickly migrate apps and services to the cloud. Fortunately, VMware Cloud on AWS customers could shorten the migration process from years to months—with little to no application downtime.
- VMware Cloud on AWS offers ultra-fast cloud migration, powered by VMware HCX and vSphere vMotion.
- On average, it takes a large VMware Cloud on AWS customer two months to migrate 1,000 VMs(1).
- Organizations can save 59% of operational costs versus the equivalent capacity on premises(2).
And now, migrating to VMware Cloud on AWS just got that much easier. With VMware Professional Services, organizations can free IT staff to work on business-critical activities while successfully adopting and scaling VMware Cloud on AWS. VMware Professional Services helps ensure a smooth and quick migration with minimal downtime and disruption—and reduces the risk. These services are available direct from VMware and through VMware partners. Learn more about VMware Professional Services.
Modernizing Applications on VMware Cloud on AWS
Once migrated, customers can run and manage apps with VMware Tanzu and integrate native AWS services. Tanzu editions are generally available today for VMware Cloud on AWS, empowering customers to deliver better software to production faster. This includes:
- Building new cloud-native applications.
- Containerizing existing workloads that have been migrated to the cloud for quick gains in security and manageability.
- Rearchitecting and rewriting existing business-critical software to be continuously delivered and resilient.
- Running and managing apps consistently on a more secure, scalable infrastructure bolstered by a conformant Kubernetes runtime everywhere.
We’re also excited to announce that VMware Pivotal Labs is now an AWS Partner Network (APN) consulting partner for app modernization. With decades of experience, Pivotal Labs helps clients build digital products on AWS. VMware Cloud on AWS customers can now engage hundreds of seasoned experts to assist with the assessment, migration, and modernization of their application estates. Pivotal Labs also helps clients build cloud-native development cultures. Read the blog for more details.
Powerful New Disaster Recovery Service with Cloud Economics for Continuous Operations
Organizations are accelerating the implementation of a robust disaster recovery (DR) strategy to support several critical requirements, including:
- Business continuity.·
- Compliance with industry regulations
- Protection against disasters, ransomware, and security breaches.
VMware Cloud on AWS helps customers address these issues with the new VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery. This cloud service offers on-demand disaster recovery to IT administrators responsible for infrastructure and services resiliency. It also helps security and compliance teams enable operations to resume after a disaster event. Delivered as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution, VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery combines cost-efficient cloud storage with simple management for IT resiliency at scale. Customers benefit from:
- Consistent and familiar VMware operations across production and DR sites.
- A pay-when-you-need-failover-capacity model for DR resources.
- Instant power-on capabilities for fast recovery after disaster events.
VMware at AWS re:Invent
VMware Cloud on AWS continues to set itself apart as the preeminent hybrid cloud service. The VMware and AWS relationship is about bringing the best cloud innovations together to solve customers’ most critical challenges. In this two-way relationship, we’ve time and again found synergies that add new value to customers.
To get the download on momentum for VMware Cloud on AWS, hear from Mark Lohmeyer of VMware and Dave Brown of AWS in this interview from AWS re:Invent.
The VMware and AWS partnership is on display at the annual AWS re:Invent show. As is the norm in 2020, this re:Invent has a whole new digital look and feel. Check out all of the different ways to connect with VMware at the event.
- VMware analysis based of the largest VMware Cloud on AWS customers as of Q3FY21, n=22
- Findings based on three-year, risk-adjusted results for a composite organization created for The Total Economic Impact™ Of VMware Cloud On AWS, an August 2019 commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of VMware.
VMware, VMware Cloud, vSphere, HCX and Tanzu are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. This article may contain hyperlinks to non-VMware websites that are created and maintained by third parties who are solely responsible for the content on such websites.