Second Annual VMworld Europe Returns to Cannes, France
Largest Virtualization Event in Europe Brings Together Customers, Partners and Industry Experts to Discuss the Future of Virtualization
FRIMLEY, UK and PALO ALTO, Calif., September 25, 2008 —VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter, announced details of the second annual VMworld Europe 2009 conference to be held on 24-26 February 2009 at the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès, Cannes, France.
VMware will expand its vision for the Virtual Datacenter Operating System (VDC-OS) that allows businesses to efficiently pool hardware resources, such as servers, storage and network into an aggregated on-premise cloud – and, when needed, safely federate workloads to external clouds for additional compute capacity. In addition, VMware executives will dive into more details around its vClient and vCloud Initiatives which the company announced to 14,000 attendees and 200 partner sponsors at VMworld US in Las Vegas last week.
VMworld Europe 2009 will build on the success of the first VMworld Europe conference, which became the largest virtualization event in Europe in its inaugural event on February 2008. Held in the same venue as last February, which saw an attendance of 4,500, early indications show the event is on track for an increase to over 5,000 attendees.
“Our first VMworld Europe was a defining moment for the company,” said Paul Maritz, president and chief executive officer, VMware. “This event allows customers in one of the most advanced markets in the world, to get their hands on the best virtualization technology on the planet.”
He added, “European customers are advanced in their adoption of virtualization. This is allowing them to adapt their IT infrastructures rapidly in today’s global economy. For this reason, VMworld remains Europe’s leading virtualization conference.”
VMworld 2008 Europe garnered very high customer satisfaction with 97% saying they would recommend attending to others, 85% likely to travel to VMworld Europe 2009 and 63% of respondents rating VMworld 2008 Europe higher than any other virtualization conference in 2008. VMworld Europe 2009 will feature:
- Keynotes from senior VMware executives and industry thought leaders on the latest trends and developments in virtualization
- A significant breakout programme including solution tracks, hands-on labs, ‘genius bars’, product and technology demonstrations and specific sessions for partners, developers, press and analysts
- A Solutions Exchange showcasing new products and technology innovations from the leading European players in the virtualization market covering Enterprises through to Small and Medium Businesses
- A comprehensive Press and Analyst Track, offering exclusive one-on-one access to executives and in-depth briefings on the key show announcements
- VMware Partner Day dedicated to educating global and European partners looking to build their business around virtual infrastructure.
For more information on VMworld Europe 2009 please visit www.vmworld.com/europe. Registration for Europe’s largest virtualization event is now open, while physical space lasts.
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. With 2007 revenues of $1.3 billion, more than 120,000 customers and nearly 18,000 partners, VMware is one of the fastest growing public software companies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, VMware is majority-owned by EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) and on the web at www.vmware.com.
# # #
VMware is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.