VMware Positioned Highest in Both Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision in Inaugural Report
PALO ALTO, Calif., July 26, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — VMware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW), a leading innovator in enterprise software, today announced that it has been positioned as a Leader in the inaugural Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management Tools*. The report, profiling 14 vendors, recognized VMware as a Leader in unified endpoint management (UEM) both in ability to execute and completeness of vision. The report considers vendors’ capabilities in UEM, which we feel validates VMware’s end-to-end management offerings from the cloud which drive significant efficiencies and improved security for organizations.
“In an increasingly heterogeneous and complex environment it’s important for us to have industry-leading UEM capabilities, including best-in-class modern PC management, in order to drive Workspace ONE as the digital workspace platform of choice for organizations undertaking digital transformation initiatives,” said Noah Wasmer, Senior Vice President and General Manager, End-User Computing, VMware. “In our view, this recognition by Gartner validates our mission to enable modern management of the complete lifecycle of Windows, Mac PCs and mobile devices in real-time from the cloud, reducing IT time and cost, increasing security, and supporting modern workforces that are remote and mobile.”
VMware Workspace ONE UEM offers a single console to enable UEM across endpoint platforms, including Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, iOS, and Android. Additionally, Workspace ONE provides a consistent unified app catalog that enables single sign-on to business applications – SaaS, internal, native, and virtual – bridging the gap for modern workforces.
VMware consistently maintains a pace of innovation and investment in technology that supports IT organizations’ journeys to migrate from traditional network-based client management tools (CMT) to UEM-based modern PC management. It’s our belief that VMware has achieved its position through rich offerings in analytics, licensing tiers that target market needs, unique integration of AirWatch endpoint management technology (Workspace ONE UEM) and product capabilities which directly address modern management challenges.
In the last year, VMware has continued to deliver new solutions that differentiate Workspace ONE as the industry’s digital workspace platform of choice, including:
- Introduction of Workspace ONE Intelligence, the first and only intelligence-driven digital workspace to dramatically reduce IT time and cost for PC management and enable predictive security across the perimeter-less environment. These include dashboards and automated workflows related to Windows patching, high severity vulnerabilities, BIOS and battery monitoring, and more.
- Full modern management of Windows PCs over-the-air including out-of-the-box onboarding, full GPO and MDM configuration support, granular over-the-air patching, modern internet-based and Peer-to-Peer Win32 software distribution, and complete lifecycle management of BitLocker encryption.
- Consistent experiences for all apps regardless of OS platforms across desktop and mobile with integrated virtual Windows app delivery and Win32 app management and distribution.
- Co-management alongside Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, and introduction of Workspace ONE AirLift server-side connector allowing customers to speed and de-risk migration of traditional PCLM tasks to a more cost-efficient, more secure and cloud-based modern management model.
- New macOS modern management that streamlines traditional imaging-based onboarding and configuration with a complete over-the-air model leveraging Apple DEP, as well as a native Workspace ONE app and complete application lifecycle management for native Mac applications.
- First solution to offer management for Chrome devices as well as full Workspace ONE and Horizon virtual apps and desktop support on Chrome OS.
- Completed integration of Apteligent technology with new Workspace ONE Intelligence features such as, App Analytics allowing IT to monitor application performance to resolve issues quickly and offer deep insights to improve performance, availability and experience.
- Intelligent mobile workflows with VMware Boxer which surfaces context-based actions and insights.
For more information or to register for a free trial, visit the Workspace ONE product page.
* Source: Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management Tools, Chris Silva, et al, July 23, 2018.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
VMware software powers the world’s most complex digital infrastructure. The company’s compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to over 500,000 customers globally, aided by an ecosystem of 75,000 partners. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, this year VMware celebrates twenty years of breakthrough innovation benefiting business and society. For more information please visit https://www.vmware.com/company.html.
VMware, Workspace ONE, Workspace ONE UEM, Workspace ONE Intelligence and Boxer are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions.
This article may contain hyperlinks to non-VMware websites that are created and maintained by third parties who are solely responsible for the content on such websites.
VMware Global Communications