Workspace ONE UEM Recognized for Comprehensive Push of UEM Capabilities and Full Feature
PALO ALTO, Calif., Sept. 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a leading innovator in enterprise software, today announced it has been named a leader in the IDC MarketScape: Unified Endpoint Management Software 2018 Vendor Assessment.
As businesses plot their course to implement comprehensive device management platforms, IDC predicts1 by 2023 more than three-quarters of enterprises expect to have either the majority, or the entirety, of their corporate PC deployments managed by Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) platforms. VMware’s position in the UEM Software vendor assessment reflects its comprehensive approach targeted directly at PC lifecycle management installed bases, as enterprises continue to transition from traditional management approaches to modern management through a single console and platform.
According to the IDC MarketScape report, “VMware, with its Workspace ONE unified endpoint management, is among the most aggressive in terms of pushing UEM capabilities to the broadest set of users and challenging incumbent PC lifecycle management platforms for migration to UEM and modern management.”
Workspace ONE provides a consistent unified app catalog that enables single sign-on to all business applications – SaaS, internal, native, and virtual – bridging the gap for modern workforces. Through VMware Workspace ONE UEM, customers may leverage cloud-based modern management techniques to reinvent PC management and unify alongside, mobile, rugged, and IoT devices.
“Our customers have the challenging task of meeting the diverse and evolving needs of a digital workforce. Our unified endpoint management platform serves as a foundational technology for enterprises as they embark on their digital transformation journey,” said Noah Wasmer, senior vice president and general manager, End-User Computing, VMware. “We’re proud to be recognized by the IDC MarketScape for our breadth of capabilities in both UEM and EMM technologies as we continue to enable seamless IT and end-user experiences – no matter the device or OS platform – with intelligence-driven and automated end-to-end modern management capabilities in Workspace ONE.”
VMware remains an industry leader and innovator through new offerings and solutions directly targeting industry and customer needs. The latest capabilities introduced include:
- Windows 10 management capabilities across the entire lifecycle including comprehensive onboarding with out-of-box enrollment, configuration management supporting mobile device management (MDM) APIs and group policy objects (GPOs), no matter the domain, OS patch management and Peer-to-Peer Win32 software distribution.
- Data driven analytics with Workspace ONE Intelligence, aggregating and correlating data across devices, apps, users, and networks to provide insights and recommendations across the entire digital workspace and automate common workflows to reduce IT time and cost and increase security.
- New Workspace ONE AirLift server-side connector enabling customers to automate the migration of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) collections, app packages, and managed devices to Workspace ONE modern management.
- Unique predictive patching leveraging Workspace ONE Intelligence to assess device readiness and risk based on CVE feeds.
- First UEM platform to support 100% of GPOs utilizing industry recognized security benchmarks from Center for Internet Security (CIS) and Microsoft to simplify GPO management.
- Consistent end user experience for all apps regardless of OS platforms across desktop and mobile with integrated virtual Windows app delivery and Win32 app management and distribution.
- Efficient Mac management capabilities with modern management approach leveraging Apple Business/School Manager (DEP and VPP), lifecycle management of native Mac applications, and enablement of critical Windows and SaaS applications on macOS devices with a native Workspace ONE app catalog.
In recognition of its Workspace ONE UEM capabilities, VMware was also recently positioned as a leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Mobility Management Software 2018 Vendor Assessment for its second consecutive year. To access an excerpt of the “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software 2018 Vendor Assessment” (Doc # US43294318, August 2018) report, click here.
- Visit the VMware End-User Computing blog to learn more about Workspace ONE
- For more information or to register for a free trial, visit the Workspace ONE product page.
- Follow VMware on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
VMware software powers the world’s most complex digital infrastructure. The company’s compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to over 500,000 customers globally, aided by an ecosystem of 75,000 partners. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, this year VMware celebrates twenty years of breakthrough innovation benefiting business and society. For more information please visit https://www.vmware.com/company.html.
This article may contain hyperlinks to non-VMware websites that are created and maintained by third parties who are solely responsible for the content on such websites.
VMware, Workspace ONE, Workspace ONE Intelligence, Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE AirLift are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions.
VMware Global Communications
Phone: +1 860 480 3367
- U.S. Enterprise Mobility Decision Maker Survey, 2017: Mobility Management and Security Trends (Nov 2017 – IDC Survey – Doc # US42098217)