PALO ALTO, Calif., March 3, 2016 – For the second year in a row, VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) has ranked on Fortune magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work for in the U.S.,” competing among hundreds of companies for the honor.
VMware was also highlighted as the following in Fortune’s Best Companies Coverage:
· No. 8 of companies located in the San Francisco Bay Area
· No. 7 of information technology companies
The field of potential competitors for the list is large. Any company that is at least five years old with more than 1,000 U.S. employees is eligible.
Judges base their selections on two components: an evaluation of each company’s policies and culture, and a confidential opinion survey of randomly selected employees. Two-thirds of the total score comes from the employee survey, which is made up of questions posed by the Great Place to Work Institute in San Francisco. It includes more than 50 questions and is designed to measure the frequency with which employees experience trust, pride, and camaraderie in the workplace, and was conducted last summer.
· For interviews with VMware executives, or onsite campus visits, please contact Michael Thacker, email@example.com; 415-205-8326. Media are invited for an employee celebration at VMware headquarters in Palo Alto, Calif., on Friday, March 4, 3:00 – 5:30 p.m.
· B-roll can be found at http://www.vmware.com/company/news/media-resources/. This includes B-roll of “VMware employee celebrations,” which highlights aspects of VMware’s unique culture.
· VMware is currently hiring, with over 1,450 open positions around the world and over 400 positions in the San Francisco Bay Area. More information can be found at the VMware Careers Site: http://careers.vmware.com
· Read a blog post on our recognition on the 2016 Fortune Best Companies to Work For list
· Connect with VMware on Twitter and Facebook
· Connect with VMware Careers on Twitter and Facebook
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware Global Communications