VMware Horizon Air Desktops on Google Chromebooks Now Qualified With Pearson TestNav(R) 7.5 Online Test Delivery System
K-12 Schools Have the Option to Deliver Online Tests Through the Public Cloud Using Virtual Desktops for More Control, Lower Costs and Greater Efficiencies
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - July 08, 2015) - VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, today announced VMware Horizon Air Desktops running on Google Chromebooks have been qualified with the industry-leading Pearson TestNav version 7.5 for delivery of online tests through the public cloud.
This qualification adds to the prior qualification already achieved by VMware Horizon that delivers online tests using on-premises virtual desktops with TestNav 7.5 and TestNav 8. As a result, schools now have two innovative approaches to choose from when exploring options for online test delivery.
- On-Premises Private Cloud Desktops for TestNav 7.5 and TestNav 8 - Schools that prefer desktop services from a private cloud deployment of virtual desktops can use VMware Horizon 6 with zero clients to deliver secure online testing. By delivering secure access to applications and data to any device -- when and where users need it -- private cloud desktops give teachers, staff and students maximum mobility and flexibility.
- Off-Premises Public Cloud Desktops for TestNav 7.5 - VMware Horizon Air Desktops running on Google Chromebooks is ideal for schools that use Chromebooks extensively and want to offload desktop virtualization completely to a third party service provider and move from a CAPEX to an OPEX model. VMware Horizon Air Desktops enable a new way for IT to deliver a Windows desktop that uses the agility and convenience of the cloud to offer online tests.
"VMware works closely with schools all around the world to bring cost effective virtual desktops to help close achievement gaps for students and simplify management for IT," said David Grant, vice president, product marketing, desktop products, End-User Computing, VMware. "We have an entire portfolio of validated solutions for vertical industries and understand the circumstances each one faces. Our proven track record offers specialized solutions for their everyday challenges."
"Pearson welcomes our collaboration with VMware in testing and qualifying VMware Horizon Air Desktops and VMware Horizon 6 solutions," said Bryan Bleil, vice president, Online & Technology Implementation, Pearson. "The certification signifies the solutions meet appropriate requirements for security and system performance when students are testing online with TestNav."
VMware Horizon Air Desktops
Unlike other DaaS offerings that only offer Windows server or Remote Desktop Services (RDS) environments, VMware Horizon Air Desktops supports both types of desktops in addition to full Windows Client Desktops -- all at an affordable price point. The service provides a premium user experience across devices, locations, and media for consistent quality and exceptional user experience. It simplifies the delivery of high quality desktops and applications as a cloud service so customers can quickly bring up desktops from the cloud for any number of end-users in just a few clicks.
- Visit the VMware Vertical Solutions product page for additional information about validated vertical solutions.
- Visit the VMware Solution Exchange to learn more about the virtualization and cloud infrastructure ecosystem.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2014 revenues of $6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware Global Communications
H+K Strategies for VMware