Latest Releases Extend Operations Management and Service Provisioning Capabilities of VMware vCloud Suite; New Marketplace Supports Rapid Deployment of Multi-Tier Applications to Multiple Clouds
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 3, 2012) - VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced the general availability of VMware vCenter™ Operations Management Suite™ 5.6 and VMware vFabric™ Application Director™ 5.0, featuring new and enhanced capabilities for simplifying and automating the management of clouds and applications. Both new releases are included in the VMware vCloud® Suite 5.1, a comprehensive solution that integrates VMware's leading virtualization, cloud infrastructure and management portfolio into a single SKU.
"In the cloud era, customers must think holistically about how they manage their multi-cloud, multi-platform and multi-vendor resources," said Ramin Sayar, vice president and general manager, Cloud Infrastructure and Management, VMware. "With the VMware vCloud® Suite, VMware brings together what customers need to build and manage a cloud infrastructure as well as new and existing applications by automating infrastructure operations to help IT evolve into a broker of services to the business."
VMware Cloud Management™ solutions help deliver the software-defined datacenter by simplifying and automating management while empowering IT to govern services across multiple, heterogeneous clouds. Today, VMware is advancing its operations and application management capabilities with:
- VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.6 applies patented analytics to integrated performance, capacity and configuration management for cloud infrastructure. Enhancements to VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.6 include new compliance dashboards, customizable group-based views and application-level monitoring through integration with VMware vFabric Hyperic®. In addition, VMware now includes the performance management capabilities of the VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite (as a separate download) with all editions of VMware vSphere®.
- VMware vFabric Application Director 5.0 accelerates the deployment of multi-tier applications to any cloud through easy-to-create application blueprints featuring standardized, pre-approved OS and middleware components. This release supports the deployment of applications across multiple virtual and hybrid cloud infrastructures, including Amazon EC2. VMware vFabric Application Director 5.0 also includes expanded support for popular packaged applications, enhancements to simplify ongoing application maintenance and support for auto-scaling of applications to meet changing business needs.
In addition, VMware cloud service provider partners Bluelock, iLand, NTT America and Savvis are announcing their intent to deliver new cloud application provisioning and maintenance services based on VMware vFabric Application Director.
Read service provider partner comments on VMware vFabric Application Director.
To help customers more effectively govern the provisioning of IT services across multiple, heterogeneous clouds, the VMware vCloud Suite will also include VMware vCloud Automation Center 5.1 and VMware vCloud Connector 2.0. These products are expected to become generally available in Q4 2012.
VMware Cloud Applications Marketplace Solutions Ease Application Provisioning
Today, VMware also announced the launch of the VMware Cloud Applications Marketplace™, which offers vFabric Application Director 5.0 customers access to a broad range of solutions that will help them speed deployments of integrated multi-tier applications. The marketplace features 100-plus downloadable application blueprints, reference architectures, logical templates containing operating systems, middleware services and application components for custom or packaged applications. These solutions were developed by over 30 independent software vendors (ISVs), system integrators (SIs) and content providers as well as VMware.
Read ISV and SI partner comments on the VMware Cloud Application Marketplace.
About the VMware vCloud Suite
The VMware vCloud Suite 5.1 is a comprehensive solution that integrates VMware's leading virtualization, cloud infrastructure and management portfolio into a single SKU, simplifying the adoption of cloud era technologies. The VMware vCloud Suite enables the software-defined datacenter, which delivers on the promise of cloud computing for agile, elastic, efficient, and reliable IT services by extending the benefits of virtualization to every domain in the datacenter -- compute, storage, networking, and the associated availability and security services. The software-defined datacenter architecture abstracts all hardware resources and pools them into aggregate capacity, enabling automation to safely and efficiently dole it out as needed for applications.
Pricing and Availability
The VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.6 and VMware vFabric Application Director 5.0 are now generally available.
- Both products are included in the VMware vCloud Suite, which is licensed per processer with no core, vRAM or number of VM limits with prices starting at $4,995 per processor. They are also available a la carte, priced per VM.
Go to VMware vCloud Suite 5.1 Editions/Buy page
Go to VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.6 Editions/Buy page
Go to VMware vFabric Application Director 5.0 Editions/Buy page
- VMware vCenter Operations Suite Foundation is available as a free, separate download to all VMware vSphere customers with active support. http://www.vmware.com/go/download-vsphere.
- For a limited time, VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus customers will be able to upgrade to VMware vCloud Suite 5.1 Standard for free or upgrade to vCloud Suite 5.1 Enterprise at 35 percent off the list price. Learn more about this promotion.
- Read VMware CTO Steve Herrod's blog: Viva Cloud Management
- Learn more about VMware's Cloud Management Solutions
- Learn more about the VMware vCloud Suite
- Learn more about the Software-Defined Datacenter
- Connect with VMware on Twitter and Facebook
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2011 revenues of $3.77 billion, VMware has more than 400,000 customers and 55,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, VMware vCloud, vCenter Operations Management Suite, vFabric Application Director, vSphere, Hyperic, and VMware Cloud Applications Management are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
The OutCast Agency for VMware