New Content and Management Packs Now Available; VMware Solution Exchange Introduces Community Content on VMware Cloud Management Solutions
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Dec 10, 2014) - VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced the general availability of new cloud management offerings including a significant update to VMware vRealize™ Suite 6, a cloud management platform built for the hybrid cloud.
New product releases now available include VMware vRealize™ Operations™ 6.0, VMware vRealize Business™ 6.0 Standard, VMware vRealize Business 8.2 Advanced and Enterprise, VMware vRealize Automation™ 6.2, and VMware vRealize Log Insight™ 2.5. VMware vRealize Code Stream™ 1.0, a new solution for supporting agile development and DevOps processes, is also now available.
New and Enhanced Cloud Management Solutions Now Available
The new VMware vRealize Code Stream accelerates application releases. VMware vRealize Code Stream complements customers' choice of development and continuous integration tools to provide continuous delivery by enabling frequent, reliable software releases while reducing operational risks. The solution automates the entire software release process, provides tracking of artifacts, and enforces governance across release stages. VMware vRealize Code Stream, which bundles JFrog Artifactory continuous integration repository, integrates with DevOps and developer solutions such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Git, Perforce, Subversion and many others. This new collaboration with JFrog's Artifactory will enable VMware vRealize Code Stream users to more easily manage development environments that automate everything from builds to testing to artifact management to deployment with minimal configuration. Learn more about VMware vRealize Code Stream here.
Beyond VMware vRealize Code Stream, VMware today announced the industry's most comprehensive portfolio of cloud management solutions:
- VMware vRealize Suite 6 is a cloud management platform that is purpose-built to manage hybrid clouds, and enables IT to deliver applications and infrastructure at the speed of business but with the control IT requires. Learn more here.
- VMware vRealize Operations 6.0 (formerly VMware vCenter™ Operations Management Suite™) features an open and extensible platform that provides comprehensive visibility across applications, network and storage devices in a single console. Learn more here. Try it out for free here.
- VMware vRealize Business 6.0 Standard (formerly VMware IT Business Management Suite™ Standard Edition) further empowers infrastructure and operations teams with new functionality essential for managing a hybrid cloud including pricing analysis, showback/chargeback and budgeting for infrastructure services out-of-the-box. New releases of VMware vRealize Business 8.2 Advanced and Enterprises are available. Learn more here.
- VMware vRealize Automation 6.2 (formerly VMware vCloud® Automation Center™) introduces increased product integration and shared services with VMware vRealize Operations to help administrators to improve resource usage and facilitate capital savings. Learn more here.
- VMware vRealize Log Insight 2.5 (formerly VMware vCenter™ Log Insight™) features enhanced integration with VMware vRealize Operations to help organizations to improve overall IT performance and avoid disruptions by combining and analyzing both structured and unstructured data for end-to-end operations management. Learn more here.
VMware and its partner ecosystem continue to deliver new extensions called content or management packs developed to help customers simplify and automate the management of VMware and third-party products and technologies. In Q4 2014, VMware and its partners have introduced new packs for Cisco Nexus, EMC Storage Analytics, Hitachi Data Systems, Microsoft .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE). New and updated packs are also expected for VMware NSX™, VMware vCloud® Air™, Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenStack, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, and storage devices addressing iSCSI and NFS protocols (in addition to SAN) as well as VMware Virtual SAN™ by the end of 2014. Customers have access to 40+ content and management packs in the Cloud Management Marketplace of the VMware Solution Exchange.
VMware Solution Exchange to Feature Community Content on Management Solutions
VMware today also announced that it will be listing developer (non-VMware Technology Alliance Program partners and customers) content on the VMware Solution Exchange™. The exchange will now have listings for community content related to VMware vRealize Log Insight, VMware vRealize Operations and VMware vRealize Orchestrator (formerly VMware vCenter Orchestrator). VMware Solution Exchange provides a platform for partners and developers to build customer interest in their VMware-related solutions and for the broader management user community to share content.
New VMware Courses and Hands-on Labs Enable Practioners to Advance their Expertise
Individuals can continue to build their expertise and know-how in new products such as VMware vRealize Business and VMware vRealize Operations through classroom or online training courses made available through VMware Education Services. Three courses are currently available with additional courses coming soon:
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.0] teaches students how to use VMware vRealize™ Operations Manager™ as a forensic and predictive tool.
- VMware vRealize Business: Costing and Implementation discusses IT costing as well as configuring and managing vRealize Business.
- vRealize Orchestrator for vRealize Automation [V6.1] Fundamentals educates students about important workflows that can be accomplished out-of-the-box with vRealize Automation.
Customers, partners and prospects can also test drive the newly available offerings at the VMware Hands-on Labs Online (registration required). As an example, new lab HOL-SDC-1401 Cloud Management with vRealize Operations steps users through the new product user interface, outlines the latest customer dashboard, view and reporting capabilities, and highlights storage and network analytics, among other product features. VMware Hands-on Labs is the easiest way to explore new and existing products at no charge.
- Read Sajai Krishnan's blog post on the GA of VMware Cloud Management solutions
- Connect with VMware on Twitter and Facebook
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, vRealize, vSphere, NSX, vCloud Air and Virtual SAN are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
VMware Global Communications