Newly Available Product Releases Include VMware NSX 6.1, VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.8, VMware vCloud Suite 5.8, VMware vRealize Operations Insight, VMware vRealize Suite 6, VMware vSphere Data Protection Advanced 5.8 and VMware vSphere Remote Office Branch Office
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Sep 15, 2014) - VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced the general availability of VMware NSX™ 6.1, VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager™ 5.8, VMware vCloud® Suite® 5.8, VMware vRealize™ Operations Insight™, VMware vRealize™ Suite 6, and VMware vSphere® Data Protection™ Advanced 5.8 to help organizations build, manage and protect their software-defined data center environments. Additionally, VMware is announcing the availability of VMware vSphere® Remote Office Branch™ Office.
Featuring the industry's most complete product portfolio for implementing and operating a software-defined data center, VMware today has advanced the capabilities of:
- VMware NSX 6.1 helps improve the security, scalability and performance of the software-defined data center and hybrid cloud. The new release includes several additions such as further advancement of network micro-segmentation capabilities, scale-out NSX Edge™ (equal cost multi-path routing), enhancements to VMware vCloud® Automation Center™ 6.1 integration, and improved hybrid cloud connectivity. With VMware NSX, customers can enable use cases for self-service IT and also have an economically and operationally feasible way to deploy network micro-segmentation to transform data center security architecture. Learn more about VMware NSX and micro-segmentation here.
- VMware vCloud Suite 5.8 is the new release of the integrated offering for building and managing vSphere private clouds based on a software-defined data center architecture to enable organizations to achieve critical IT outcomes around efficiency, control and agility. The suite introduces new policy-based provisioning capabilities and integrations that enable organizations to add disaster recovery services via VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.8 as well as enhanced networking and security services to their applications and infrastructure. Learn more here.
- VMware vRealize Operations Insight is a new integrated offering that delivers performance management, capacity optimization, and real-time log analytics as an add-on solution to VMware vSphere with Operations Management. Learn more here.
- VMware vRealize Suite 6 is a new cloud management platform that combines the capabilities of VMware's existing cloud automation, cloud operations and cloud business management solutions into a single offering. The comprehensive platform is purpose-built to manage heterogeneous environments and hybrid clouds, and enables IT to deliver infrastructure and applications at the speed of business but with the control IT requires. Enhancements to the suite include additional features for extending custom-built automation capabilities, simplified deployment and management of multi-tier applications, and an improved user experience. Learn more here.
- VMware vSphere Data Protection Advanced 5.8 introduces enhanced support for business-critical applications, augmented replication capabilities as well as customizable proxies and backup work streams to protect VMware vSphere environments. Learn more here.
- VMware vSphere Remote Office Branch Office is a new solution using VMware vSphere 5.5 Update 2 that enables organizations with multiple sites seeking to take advantage of virtualization to rapidly provision servers, minimize of host configuration drift, and enhance visibility into regulatory compliance. Learn more here.
Customers, partners and prospects can trial some of the newly available offerings, among existing products, at the VMware Hands-on Labs Online (registration required).
- Revisit VMworld® 2014 News in the Online Press Kit
- Connect with VMware on Twitter and Facebook
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, VMware vCloud, vSphere, vSphere with Operations Management, vCloud Suite, vRealize Operations Insight, vRealize Suite, vSphere Data Protection Advanced, VMware NSX, and vSphere Remote Office Branch Office are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
VMware Global Communications
H+K Strategies for VMware