Newly Available Product Releases Help Enterprises Address Automated IT and DevOps-Ready IT Initiatives
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - December 21, 2015) - VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, today announced the general availability of VMware vRealize Automation 7 and VMware vRealize Business Standard 7to further empower IT teams to drive digital business transformation within their organizations.
The availability of VMware vRealize Automation 7 and VMware vRealize Business Standard 7, along with the Q3 2015 releases of VMware vRealize Operations™ 6.1 and VMware vRealize Log Insight™ 3, complete a comprehensive update of the VMware vRealize Suite, the industry's leading cloud management platform. VMware vRealize Suite addresses cloud management requirements across day one and day two operations for compute, storage, network and application level resources in heterogeneous, hybrid clouds. According to a recent Forrester Research Total Economic Impact study, the VMware vRealize Suite can accelerate the application release process from weeks to less than one day and improve IT efficiency by reducing capacity used by 10 percent and delivering hardware cost avoidance of 15 percent, resulting in a Return on Investment of 243 percent. (1)
VMware today advanced the capabilities of:
- VMware vRealize Automation 7 -- VMware vRealize Automation 7 introduces unified service blueprint capabilities that enable IT and DevOps teams to simplify and accelerate the delivery of integrated multi-tier applications with application-centric networking and security across clouds. New unified service blueprints enable the modeling of infrastructure, networks, security, applications and custom IT services including their relationships and dependencies within a graphical canvas. VMware vRealize Automation 7 is integrated with VMware NSX® 6.2 to dynamically configure networks and micro-segmentation unique to each application in the blueprint designer. VMware vRealize Automation 7 blueprints span the hybrid cloud featuring support for VMware vCloud® Air™ and Amazon Web Services (AWS), featuring support for VMware vCloud Government Service™ and AWS GovCloud, OpenStack Kilo, and VMware vSphere® 6 Update 1. The unified service blueprints can be edited as text files to facilitate DevOps deployments. Additionally, VMware vRealize Automation 7 features a dramatically consolidated architecture with simplified installation that reduces deployment time by up to 37 percent for most configurations (compared to the previous release) to help IT organizations accelerate time to value. (2) Learn more here.
- VMware vRealize Business Standard 7 -- VMware vRealize Business Standard 7 introduces several new and enhanced capabilities to provide IT teams with increased transparency and control over the costs and quality of IT services. This release features new costing and pricing policies for private and public clouds including VMware vCloud Air, AWS, and all other clouds supported by vRealize Automation. The release also supports Microsoft Azure for easy, comprehensive private and public cloud cost comparisons. The enhanced showback capabilities enable IT to provide fine-grained cost reporting to the Line of Business including showback across private and public clouds, a clear month-to-date and monthly cost projection analysis, and costs grouped by business services to provide business context. New planning and cost optimization capabilities visualize costs of used and remaining capacity by data center, allow modeling of new workloads, and analyze the impact on the remaining capacity or costs as well as quantify potential savings from reclamation opportunities. Learn more here.
- Learn more about VMware's Cloud Management Platform
- Read the "Forrester Total Economic Impact of VMware Automated Application Deployment" blog post
- Read "IDC Ranks VMware #1 Leader in Two Categories"
- Revisit the VMworld 2015 Europe Online Press Kit
- Connect with VMware on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2014 revenues of $6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, vRealize, vRealize Automation, vRealize Business, vRealize Operations, Log Insight, NSX, vCloud, vCloud Air, vCloud Government Service, vSphere, and VMworld are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
(1) Forrester, "The Total Economic Impact of VMware's Automated Application Deployment," June 2015
(2) Based on internal testing of VMware vRealize Automation 7 beta candidate, First Half, 2015