VMware AirWatch Positioned Highest in Ability to Execute and Furthest in Completeness of Vision
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - June 09, 2016) - VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced VMware AirWatch is positioned as a Leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Gartner named VMware AirWatch a Leader for the sixth consecutive year, the highest in ability to execute for the fourth year in a row and the furthest in completeness of vision this year. This is the first time in the history of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for EMM that a single vendor placed highest on both axes.
"Enterprise mobility is quickly moving from a tactical management product, to a strategic enabler of apps and services to every endpoint, empowering end-users to work at the speed of life," said Sanjay Poonen, executive vice president and general manager, End-User Computing, VMware. "We believe Gartner recognizes this new way of approaching mobility, and feel that our VMware Workspace ONE solution is the tool to deliver on this mobile revolution. I am incredibly proud of the VMware AirWatch team and their hard work in achieving the best position in our history on the Gartner EMM Magic Quadrant -- as the highest on both ability to execute and completeness of vision axes. Customers and partners can expect VMware to continue to build delightful, innovative solutions to drive their digital workspace transformation."
VMware AirWatch continues to be the EMM platform of choice among customers and partners. In the last year, VMware has delivered new and innovative solutions that continue to differentiate AirWatch as a complete, cohesive digital workspace platform. Recently, VMware:
- Launched VMware Workspace™ ONE™ and VMware Identity Manager to deliver AirWatch users a single catalog for any app on any device with seamless single sign-on.
- Released multiple major updates to VMware AirWatch solution that focused on enhanced user experience, transparent user privacy policies, simplified security and enterprise readiness.
- Acquired Boxer and integrated its email, calendar and contact capabilities into AirWatch and Workspace ONE for a true consumer simple, enterprise secure containerized personal information management (PIM) experience.
- Announced same-day support for Windows 10, including crucial enterprise features like Azure Active Directory integration, Windows Update management, health attestation and more.
- Developed major partner initiatives including the AirWatch Mobile Security Alliance, which integrates the world's security leaders directly into the AirWatch platform and the AppConfig Community, which today has more than 60 enterprise app leaders including Oracle, SAP and Salesforce.
- Announced VMware End User Computing, which includes AirWatch, had 63,000 customers across desktop, mobile, identity and content collaboration solutions and an annual bookings run-rate of $1.2 billion as of the end of 2015.
For more information on AirWatch or to register for a free trial, visit airwatch.com/.
*Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites, Rob Smith, et al, June 8, 2016.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
VMware is a leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, AirWatch, VMware Workspace, Workspace ONE, and VMware Identity Manager are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
VMware Global Communications