VMware Attracts More than 19,000 Registered Attendees to VMworld® 2011, Advances Vision for the New IT
New and emerging products announced to provide customers a cohesive path to the new world of IT as a Service
VMworld 2011 Europe Scheduled for October 18-20 in Copenhagen
LAS VEGAS, Nev., September 1, 2011 —VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced the conclusion of its eighth annual VMworld® 2011 conference, which was held from August 29th through September 1st at The Venetian in Las Vegas. VMworld 2011 attracted a record number of more than 19,000 customers, partners, press and analysts, and 250 sponsors and exhibitors signifying major interest from the IT industry in cloud computing and the next generation of IT.
With the theme of “Your Cloud. Own it,” VMworld 2011 featured more than 175 unique breakout sessions across 10 tracks from companies and customers driving innovation in the virtualization and cloud industry.
VMware executives led two general session presentations during the event outlining VMware’s vision for the next generation of IT and demonstrating new virtualization and cloud computing technologies that enable modern infrastructures, application platforms and end user computing. The presentations are available for replay here: http://www.vmworld.com/community/conference/us/learn/generalsessions
Key highlights and announcements made during the event include:
- VMware vCloud® Datacenter Global Connect – Giving customers the power to use public cloud services across multiple providers in multiple geographies as if from one cloud. Bluelock, Colt, SingTel and Softbank Telecom are expected to be the first providers to offer Global Connect services.
- VMware vCloud® Connector 1.5 – Faster, more reliable delivery and management of virtualized workloads from enterprise datacenters to public clouds, accelerating hybrid environment portability. Also introduced was vcloud.vmware.com, a new online destination where enterprises can find public cloud service providers, test drive services, and begin transferring and managing workloads in the cloud.
- Disaster Recovery to the cloud via VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5 – Enterprise grade disaster recovery delivered via public cloud service providers leveraging SRM (FusionStorm, Hosting.com, iland, VeriStor).
- VMware vFabric™ Data Director - Manage, provision and deliver access to a growing set of diverse data sources required for application development in the cloud.
- VMware vFabric Postgres – The first database integrated with Data Director, a fully compliant PostgreSQL relational database engineered to take full advantage of VMware vSphere’s underlying virtualization resource capabilities.
- VMware View™ 5 – New levels of innovation and performance with integrated 3D graphics support, unified communications and Persona management.
- VMware Horizon™ Application Manager – Extending the benefits of user-centric identity, policy and entitlement from SaaS Apps to virtualized Windows applications via VMware ThinApp®.
- VMware Horizon Mobile (formerly MVP) – Establishes and securely manages a connected mobile workspace in isolation from their personal Android mobile environment.
More information from VMworld 2011 is available at www.vmworld.com.
Additional media information is available at the VMworld 2011 Press Room http://www.vmware.com/go/vmworldmedia.
VMworld Europe will take place in Copenhagen on October 18 - 20, 2011. To register, please visit: http://www.vmworld.com/community/conference/europe.
VMware delivers virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable IT organizations to energize businesses of all sizes. With the industry leading virtualization platform – VMware vSphere® – customers rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, improve agility, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. With 2010 revenues of $2.9 billion, more than 250,000 customers and 25,000 partners, VMware is the leader in virtualization which consistently ranks as a top priority among CIOs. VMware is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
# # #
VMware, VMware vSphere VMware View, VMware Horizon, VMware ThinApp, VMware vFabric, VMware vCloud and VMworld are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.