VMware Partners Embrace VMware vSphere® 5 and Comprehensive Cloud Infrastructure Suite
Customer Interest in Virtual and Cloud Solutions Continues to Drive Complementary Technology Integrations, Programs and Services Offerings with Broad Ecosystem of Technology Partners, Solution Providers, Distributors, Service Providers, Systems Integrators and Global Hardware Manufacturers
SAN FRANCISCO, July 12, 2011 — VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced broad industry support for VMware vSphere® 5 and the company's comprehensive cloud infrastructure suite announced today. VMware and the VMware Partner Network – composed of more than 25,000 technology partners, solution providers, distributors, service providers, systems integrators, as well as every major global hardware manufacturer – have helped shape an industry centered on virtualization and cloud computing, delivering integrated technology solutions, programs and services offerings that provide customers with the collaborative capabilities, expertise and domain knowledge to solve the widest range of IT challenges.
Read what partners are saying about VMware vSphere 5 and the new VMware cloud infrastructure suite.
The depth and breadth of the VMware Partner Network is demonstrated by:
- More than 2,000 partner companies in the VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) Program that support and deliver complementary solutions for VMware products, enabling the broadest customer choice for virtualized solutions
- More than 2,900 applications from 1,600+ independent software vendors (ISVs) with VMware support statements listed on the VMware Partner Catalog, including Microsoft Exchange, SAP applications and applications specific to healthcare, financial services, government and education – helping customers virtualize all their business-critical applications
- Momentum in the VMware Ready™ Program, with 4,700 hardware and software solutions that have passed a detailed evaluation and testing process managed by VMware, helping ensure that these products make best use of VMware technology and enabling them to be ready for deployment in customer environments
- A strong solution provider community in the VMware Solution Provider Program that continues to mature as virtualization and cloud computing permeate the datacenter, with partners obtaining solution competencies and industry-specific specializations that help them become trusted experts to their customers, accelerate profitability and differentiate their businesses
- Significant growth in the VMware Service Provider Program (VSPP), part of the VMware vCloud® Initiative, with more than 5,100 partners offering public cloud services based on the VMware platform, including VMware vCloud Powered services that are compatible with customers' on-premise VMware vSphere-based workloads
- Continued momentum for the VMware vCloud Datacenter Services Program, with industry-leading service provider and systems integrator partners delivering cloud services that are globally consistent and meet enterprise security and compliance standards
"VMware and its broad partner ecosystem have successfully provided customers with a wide range of virtualization product integrations, programs and services offerings that are leading the industry into the cloud computing era," said Carl Eschenbach, co-president, Customer Operations, VMware. "With the new cloud infrastructure suite based on VMware vSphere® 5, VMware remains committed to helping the ecosystem take another leap forward as the IT industry continues to shift toward automated, self-service computing models."
With nearly 200 new and enhanced capabilities, VMware vSphere 5 will continue to set the standard in virtualization, delivering better application performance and availability for all business-critical applications while automating the management of an increasingly broad pool of datacenter resources – providing partners with a robust platform for delivering complementary offerings and services optimized for virtual environments.
VMware today also announced three additional new product updates as part of its cloud infrastructure suite, including:
- VMware vShield™ 5: Addressing the top enterprise concerns about cloud computing – security, control and compliance – VMware vShield 5 will overcome the limits of traditional security solutions by providing an adaptive software-based security model designed for virtual and cloud environments. VMware is working closely with leaders in the security industry to deliver a new generation of security solutions optimized for virtual and cloud environments.
- VMware vCenter™ Site Recovery Manager 5: Extending this proven disaster recovery solution, VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5 will introduce built-in storage replication capabilities as well as new failback functionality and planned migration capabilities. VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager integrates with a broad range of storage-based replication products from VMware partners to enable delivery of end-to-end disaster recovery solutions for virtualized environments.
- VMware vCloud Director 1.5: Enabling a self-service model for provisioning infrastructure services across internal and external sources, VMware vCloud Director 1.5 will enable IT to dramatically reduce the time required to provision new servers. Together with solutions and services offered by VMware's broad partner ecosystem, customers will be able to build and leverage secure hybrid cloud resources with confidence.
Along with VMware vSphere 5, these products will amplify the value customers can realize from virtualized resources by enabling cloud-scale operations and offer partners multiple opportunities to integrate with and deliver solutions to joint customers.
Learn more about VMware's partner programs.
VMware vSphere 5 together with the updated cloud infrastructure suite is expected to be available in Q3 2011.
- Learn more about the VMware cloud infrastructure suite launch
- Visit the VMware cloud infrastructure launch online press kit for graphics and videos
- Read "VMware Unveils VMware vSphere 5 and Cloud Infrastructure Suite" blog post by VMware CTO, Steve Herrod
- Read "VMware Building the Foundation for the Cloud Era" blog post by VMware vice president of product marketing, Bogomil Balkansky
- Twitter: @VMwareEvents (hashtag #vmwarecloud)
VMware delivers virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable IT organizations to energize businesses of all sizes. With the industry leading virtualization platform – VMware vSphere® – customers rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, improve agility, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. With 2010 revenues of $2.9 billion, more than 250,000 customers and 25,000 partners, VMware is the leader in virtualization which consistently ranks as a top priority among CIOs. VMware is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, VMware vCenter, VMware vCloud, VMware Ready, VMware vShield and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
This document contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the expected availability of VMware vSphere 5, updates to VMware's suite of cloud infrastructure products, the features planned for such products and their expected benefits for users, expectations of customer interest in virtualization and cloud computing products and continuing momentum in VMware's partner programs and expectations for the changes to IT, including the shift towards automated, self-service computing models. These forward-looking statements are subject to the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending and government subsidies; (iii) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures, industry consolidation, entry of new competitors into the virtualization market, and new product and marketing initiatives by our competitors; (iv) our customers' ability to develop, and to transition to, new products and computing strategies, (v) the uncertainty of customer acceptance of emerging technology; (vi) rapid technological and market changes in virtualization software and platforms for cloud and desktop computing; (vii) changes to product development timelines; (viii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (ix) our ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; and (x) the successful integration of acquired companies and assets into VMware. These forward looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent reports on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K that we may file from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. VMware assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.