VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud Supports Service Provider Imperatives for WAN Transformation, Secure Connectivity and 5G Rollout
PALO ALTO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) today showcased how VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud can help service providers’ customers achieve faster WAN deployments, lower costs and improve application and network performance compared to their existing WAN. VMware is at the forefront of helping service providers evolve their cloud and network service portfolios, create new revenue streams and accelerate their customers’ wide-area network (WAN) transformation.
VMware SD-WAN is a leader in the fast-growing SD-WAN segment, as measured by industry analysts. The solution has been chosen by thousands of customers spanning more than 175,000 branch office locations in more than 170 countries around the world. The service is available from a partner network that includes more than 500 partners globally, including system integrators, VARs, MSPs and more than 100 telecom service providers. These partners include Sprint, Windstream and CBTS.
HNTB Corporation Accelerates Time to Revenue with Sprint and VMware SD-WAN
HNTB is an American design firm with resources to architect, engineer and manage large construction projects across the U.S. and around the world. “HNTB was looking for a more flexible network connectivity solution when standing up remote offices and construction sites to support each new project, ranging from sports facilities and airports, to tunnels and bridges,” said Larry Cummings, director of technology operations at HNTB. “The faster we can get going onsite, and the more efficient we can be, the faster we can begin our projects. Working with Sprint, we identified VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud as an alternative to private networking for cost-effectively re-architecting our wide-area network architecture to support our over 100 U.S. offices and onsite locations. Sprint’s innovative approach, responsiveness and total commitment to our success, combined with the recommended VMware SD-WAN solution, has reduced set up time for new construction sites, reduced overall networking costs and improved application performance and users experience.”
ERIK’s Delivers a Superior Customer Experience with Windstream and VMware SD-WAN
ERIK’s is one of the Midwestern United States’ leading bike, ski and board retailers with stores across six states. “At ERIK’s we provide stores with access to a centrally managed database to enable the flow of sales, inventory and customer information from our outlets to headquarters,” said Tim Curtin, VP/Manager Information Systems, ERIK’s Bike Board Ski. “This architecture was strained as all our stores pulled sales data nightly from each site. We also had an aging telecom system that provided spotty voice services. We are committed to delivering the best customer service and required higher resiliency and more bandwidth for our inventory, sales and voice communication systems. Windstream Enterprise delivered a fully managed implementation of VMware SD-WAN at all store locations enabling a centralized platform to monitor network performance, provide higher resiliency, increase bandwidth and eliminate network outages. We selected Windstream Enterprise because to us, they were the most knowledgeable SD-WAN provider and had the footprint to support all of our locations with the ability to provision and manage third-party broadband providers.”
National Money Mart Drives Better Network Performance with CBTS and VMware SD-WAN
National Money Mart Company is a financial services company that provides check-cashing, payday loans, money orders, currency exchange, electronic bill payments, and money transfers. “Having a multi-national network means having to rely on multiple carriers because there is no one carrier that can cover our entire footprint,” said Krishna Chava, director of network and telecom, National Money Mart. “Managing this network was not only a challenge, but holding carriers accountable to poor network performance was impossible. VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud allowed us to create a reliable network over disparate connections, and ultimately hold our carriers responsible for meeting SLAs. For the first time, telcos had to earn our business every day because of the VMware SD-WAN overlays. Choosing CBTS as our service provider partner allowed National Money Mart to have the people and processes needed to make the progress we wanted. Their expertise in SD-WAN and their attention to detail during the project management phase allowed us to be non-intrusive to our retail stores while transforming our network.”
VMware Delivers Cloud and Edge Networking for Today and Tomorrow
The VMware SD-WAN platform is helping service providers grow their businesses today, while setting them up for the cloud future of tomorrow.
- Driving WAN Transformation: Available as-a-service through over 100 service providers around the world or deployed fully on-premises, VMware SD-WAN delivers optimal application and cloud access, more securely and reliably, through a unique hyperscale model built on a network of more than 2,000 cloud gateways across 100+ points of presence around the world. With VMware’s hyperscale SD-WAN solution, customers can achieve rapid speed of deployment, unprecedented economics, improved application performance, better network resiliency and simplified WAN operations.
- Tapping a Network of Cloud Services: VMware SD-WAN empowers enterprises to take advantage of a globally-available Network of Cloud Services to drive their businesses. VMware SD-WAN Cloud Gateways provide the first hop for all traffic into the Network of Cloud Services made up of leading destination public clouds such as Azure, AWS, GCP, as well as leading application, security and analytics service clouds. This Network of Cloud Services spans both VMware services and best-in-class partner services, delivered from the cloud dynamically based on business policy and network conditions occurring at that instant of time.
- Evolving Secure Connectivity Services Landscape: VMware SD-WAN meets service providers’ branch routing and firewall needs today with the industry’s most advanced SASE (Secure Access Services Edge) solution. VMware provides a global, multi-service cloud network that extends from on-premises to cloud to edge to end user, and integrated network security capabilities delivered by VMware SD-WAN. On-premises, built-in SD-WAN branch firewall capabilities enable simple policy definition, improved performance, and logging to meet stringent enterprise security requirements. The VMware SD-WAN branch firewall provides customers both built-in security features and automated, policy-based access to partners’ advanced security services including URL filtering, secure web gateway, anti-X capabilities, cloud access security brokers (CASB) and web isolation.
- The Path to 5G: VMware is also partnering in an industry-leading effort to bring the combined power of 5G and SD-WAN to businesses worldwide, to give companies of all sizes unprecedented control and scalability of their WANs. The VMware SD-WAN solution acts as an intelligent overlay in conjunction with 5G’s network sliced underlays to deliver cost-effective, high-performance, application-aware services at the network edge when 5G rollouts become a reality.
- Learn more about how VMware is helping service providers modernize their networks at vmware.com/products/telco-cloud-platform.
- Follow VMware on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. The company’s cloud, networking and security, and digital workspace offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to customers globally, aided by an extensive ecosystem of partners. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, VMware is committed to being a force for good, from its breakthrough innovations to its global impact. For more information, please visit https://www.vmware.com/company.html.
VMware, VMware SD-WAN and VeloCloud are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. This article may contain hyperlinks to non-VMware websites that are created and maintained by third parties who are solely responsible for the content on such websites.
Roger T. Fortier
VMware Global Communications
Archetype for VMware
Source: VMware, Inc.