AirWatch Named a Leader for Fifth Year in a Row and Highest in Ability to Execute for the Third Consecutive Year
ATLANTA, GA--(Marketwired - June 10, 2015) - AirWatch® by VMware®, the leading enterprise mobility management (EMM) provider, announced today that Gartner, Inc. has positioned AirWatch as a "Leader" in the annual Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management. AirWatch has been named a Leader since the inception of the report in 2011, and Gartner placed AirWatch highest on the ability to execute axis for the third consecutive year.
- Download the 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant Report here
- Watch the video with John Marshall, senior vice president and general manager, AirWatch by VMware
- Register for the webinar on the report, Revolutionizing Enterprise Mobility Management with AirWatch
"We're honored Gartner positioned AirWatch by VMware as a leader for fifth consecutive year and also highest in ability to executive for the third year in a row," said John Marshall, senior vice president and general manager, AirWatch by VMware. "We feel these placements in the Magic Quadrant solidify the choice and commitment our more than 16,000 customers make in AirWatch. We provide the broadest, most robust EMM solution, and partner with our customers on some of the largest and most complex mobile deployments in the world. We're committed to develop innovative and reliable technology that will equip our customers to drive business mobility in their industries."
Breaking away from the pack with innovations, partnerships and customers
- In January 2015, VMware reported AirWatch capped the previous year with $200 million in bookings and 2,000 employees. Today, AirWatch has more than 16,000 customers. This makes AirWatch the largest EMM vendor in terms of customers, bookings and employees.
- In February 2015, AirWatch announced AirWatch 8, the most significant platform update since the $1.54 billion acquisition by VMware. AirWatch 8 features radically simplified end user experience, reduces strain on IT, enhances unified endpoint management features and enables next generation applications in the enterprise.
- In March 2015, AirWatch announced ACE (App Configuration for Enterprise) alongside industry leaders such as Cisco. AirWatch spearheaded the formation of ACE, a free, open and vendor-neutral approach to standardizing application development in the enterprise.
- VMware has strategically integrated AirWatch into various facets of its business, including the VMware NSX™ network virtualization platform, VMware Identity Management™ and VMware Collaboration Bundle™, while allowing the core EMM product to stay independent to focus on development and innovation.
- AirWatch customers continue to be the most innovative in their industries, and to highlight their unique mobility stories AirWatch launched Mobile Game Changer, a video series to highlight these groundbreaking mobile initiatives. Delta Air Lines, Merck and VITAS are among the companies that have showcased their stories.
- With customers in 150 countries, AirWatch offers globalized solutions available in 17 languages with localized sales and support 24/7/365.
*Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Software, Terrence Cosgrove, et al, June 8, 2015.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About AirWatch by VMware
AirWatch by VMware is the leader in enterprise mobility management, with more than 16,000 global customers. The AirWatch platform includes industry-leading mobile device, email, application, content and browser management solutions. Organizations can implement these solutions across device types and use cases, including complete EMM for corporate and line of business deployments, and containerized solutions for bring your own device (BYOD) programs. Acquired by VMware in February 2014, AirWatch is based in Atlanta and can be found online at www.air-watch.com. VMware is headquartered in Silicon Valley and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, AirWatch, NSX, Identity Management and VMware Collaborative Bundle are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
AirWatch by VMware Public Relations
+ 1 470-247-6742