Category Management Solution Provider to CPG Companies and Retail Grocery Chains Virtualizes Infrastructure and Applications to Optimize Service Availability and Performance
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Dec 8, 2014) - VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) today announced that Digitalrep LLC (Digitalrep), experts in the retail shelf space domain, product database management, and manual process automation, has deployed VMware vSphere® with Operations Management™ to consolidate physical servers while increasing overall IT agility and efficiency. In addition to virtualizing their infrastructure, Digitalrep has virtualized business critical applications including Microsoft SQL Server.
"Digitalrep is a data-driven company, and VMware vSphere with Operations Management offers us better visibility through a single console view into the performance and health of our IT infrastructure," said John Meaney, president at Digitalrep. "Since virtualizing our infrastructure and databases with VMware, we have improved the availability and performance of our software as a service offering."
Digitalrep Rapidly On-Ramps Customers with Virtual Infrastructure
Based in Wilsonville, Ore., Digitalrep delivers affordable software as a service (SaaS) that provides "same store" analysis of shelf data in category management to retail grocery chains and consumer packaged goods companies (CPGs) that sell at retail. Digitalrep hosts schematic data - or planograms - in a centralized data store or data warehouse. With the data stored centrally, its customers can then effectively analyze the relationships between a product's shelf space and point of sale data to help optimize assortment, assist in inventory control optimization, understand what has changed over time, and how merchandising changes relate to sales performance. The solutions also help customers to automate previously tedious and repetitive manual tasks so that planogrammers and category managers can focus on strategy.
Digitalrep's customers include Beam Suntory Inc. and Mondelez International, which owns brands including Nabisco, Newtons, Ritz, and Oreo. Additional customers include a national grocery chain with more than 1,000 stores, and a large U.S. beverage manufacturer, among others.
Digitalrep has approximately 40 team members, three of whom are dedicated to managing IT. Virtualization is central to Digitalrep's ongoing growth trajectory as they continue to acquire more customers that require data storage, reporting and analytics for their ever-changing shelf schematics. Digitalrep's virtualization efforts have decreased power usage through the consolidation of servers and have helped to achieve a more efficient data center that is easier to troubleshoot.
Since implementing VMware vSphere with Operations Management in February of 2014, Digitalrep has:
- Improved deployment of server infrastructure from four days to five minutes
- Consolidated its physical servers by more than 80 percent
- Reduced data center space by more than 50 percent
- Decreased data center colocation fees by 50 percent
- Improved backups from up to 24 hours to 15 minutes
Beyond achieving those cost and time savings benefits, Digitalrep has:
- Minimized mean time to identification (MMTI) and resolution (MMTR) through performance monitoring tools which enabled complex troubleshooting
- Reduced alert volume by using dynamic thresholds and smart alert capabilities in VMware vSphere with Operations Management
- Better managed growth by gaining visibility into infrastructure supporting critical data stores and data warehouses
- Realized higher application and infrastructure availability and performance through the use of VMware vSphere features such as Distributed Resource Scheduler and High Availability.
- Learn more about VMware vSphere with Operations Management
- Virtualizing Business Critical Applications
- Connect with VMware on Twitter and Facebook
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, VMware vSphere, Distributed Resource Scheduler and VMware vSphere with Operations Management are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
VMware Global Communications
VMware Global Communications