Accelerating demand for next-generation endpoint security solutions to stop onslaught of advanced threats drives dramatic growth and channel adoption
WALTHAM, Mass.—March 9, 2015—Bit9® + Carbon Black®, the leader in endpoint threat prevention, detection and response, today reported continued explosive growth fueled by accelerating demand for next-generation endpoint security solutions. This dramatic increase in market demand is driven by enterprises increasingly realizing that traditional endpoint security solutions and network-only approaches cannot protect them against the tidal wave of advanced threats and targeted attacks. This demand enabled the company to set records in several key growth metrics in 2014, including:
- 275% increase in endpoint software licenses sold
- 66% increase in customers
- 310% increase in channel sales
Sales in 2014 included (Bit9 + Carbon Black does not disclose customer names to protect their privacy):
- Six of the top 10 U.S. retailers
- Three of the top 10 Internet services and retailing companies
- Three of the top 10 electrical equipment manufacturers
- Three of the top 10 petroleum refiners
- Two of the top 10 financial data services companies
- Two of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- Two of the top 10 health insurance companies
“Enterprises are realizing that their endpoints—data center servers, desktops, laptops, and fixed-function devices, such as point-of-sale machines—are the target of cyber attacks,” said Patrick Morley, president and chief executive officer of Bit9 + Carbon Black. “The network is not the target because the information that attackers want is located on organizations’ endpoints. And traditional endpoint security solutions, such as antivirus, are insufficient against the advanced threats and targeted attacks that are pummeling every organization.
“Bit9 + Carbon Black delivers the only comprehensive next-generation endpoint security solution that includes prevention, detection and response for enterprises small and large in any industry. Security teams demand best-of-breed products, and the superiority of our solution made 2014 the best year in company history, with record revenue and customer growth. Our leadership in advanced endpoint security also resulted in incredible adoption by the channel, which now drives the majority of our new business,” Morley said.
Key achievements in 2014 include:
- Completed the merger of Bit9 and Carbon Black in February 2014, which created the only company that provides a complete integration solution for advance threat endpoint prevention, detection and response.
- Announced that Dell SecureWorks uses Carbon Black as the key component of its new Advanced Endpoint Threat Detection (AETD) managed service. Dell SecureWorks is rated by Gartner as the #1 managed security service provider worldwide.
- Launched the “Bit9 + Carbon Black Connect” Alliance Partner Program, which integrates the industry’s most open next-generation endpoint security solution from Bit9 + Carbon Black with more than three dozen top network security, analytics and SIEM, threat intelligence, and security service provider solutions.
- Partnered with 21 leading incident response (IR) companies and MSSPs that now use Bit9 + Carbon Black as a core component of their detection and response services. Incident response firms are able to use Carbon Black without charge to remediate their clients’ breaches, resulting in almost 60 customer engagements in just the first six months.
- Delivered the Threat Intelligence Cloud service, an advanced threat intelligence solution that combines Bit9 + Carbon Black’s leading software reputation and threat indicator services with third-party intelligence sources to provide some of the industry’s most powerful, correlated, and accurate threat insight.
- Shipped two integrated product releases—the Bit9 Security Platform (version 7.2) and Carbon Black (version 4.2)—which combine to deliver the industry’s most advanced and complete endpoint threat prevention, detection and response solution, including automation of prevention policies and enhanced visibility and response.
- Named a 2014 Industry Innovator by SC Magazine.
- Hired 120 people, ending the year with more than 300 employees.
- Voted one of The Boston Globe’s “Top Places to Work.”
About Bit9 + Carbon Black
Bit9 + Carbon Black provides the most complete solution against advanced threats that target organizations’ endpoints and servers, making it easier to see—and immediately stop—those threats. The company enables organizations to arm their endpoints by combining continuous, real-time visibility into what’s happening on every computer; real-time signature-less threat detection; incident response that combines a recorded history with live remediation; and prevention that is proactive and customizable. More than 1,000 organizations worldwide—from Fortune 100 companies to small enterprises—use Bit9 + Carbon Black to increase security, reduce operational costs and improve compliance. Leading managed security service providers (MSSP) and incident response (IR) companies have made Bit9 + Carbon Black a core component of their detection and response services.
Bit9 and Carbon Black are registered trademarks of Bit9, Inc. All other company or product names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.