ATLANTA, GA--(Marketwired - February 24, 2015) -
- With hundreds of console enhancements, AirWatch 8 will provide the most simple and secure experience for end users and IT for virtually any app on any device
- AirWatch 8 introduces the industry's first EMM Touch ID integration for the enterprise and Chrome OS management
- Includes platform integrations with AppleCare, Box, EyeVerify, Jasper, Socialcast, Veracode and Wistia
AirWatch® by VMware®, the leading enterprise mobility management (EMM) provider, today announced AirWatch 8. In the biggest release since the acquisition by VMware, AirWatch 8 will revolutionize the way end users interact with enterprise mobility from the moment a device is unboxed, streamline the management of virtually every device type and mobile application for IT and better enable organizations to change business processes through mobile technology.
With hundreds of console enhancements, AirWatch 8 will address many of the recent mobility complexities facing organizations today. AirWatch makes the complex, constantly evolving mobility landscape simple and easy to manage by delivering the most simple and secure experience for end users and IT, unifying the management of virtually all device types and enabling the next generation of mobile applications in the enterprise. AirWatch 8 will extend a unified end user experience across applications and devices, and combine the capabilities of endless point products into a single, seamless management solution.
Radically simplified end-user experience and reduced strain on IT
Organizations implementing enterprise mobility initiatives recognize that every additional click or step required can greatly inhibit adoption among end users. AirWatch 8 will simplify the end user's experience from the moment an employee unboxes the device throughout the device lifecycle. For example, AirWatch 8 will extend:
- The ability to pre-register Intel devices running Android to auto-enroll once a device is powered on with a persistent agent. With existing support for Apple's Device Enrollment Program, AirWatch 8 will also provide added customization, supports tokens for organization groups and bring management improvements for iOS.
- Extensive alternative biometric and multi-factor authentication, including the industry's first Apple Touch ID integration in the AirWatch SDK and integration with EyeVerify for eye scan password replacement.
- A redesigned web enrollment interface to provide a more intuitive experience for the user throughout the enrollment process and to reduce support calls for IT.
- Integration with AppleCare to provide IT with the information needed, such as warranty status and purchase date, to get users facing device issues back to work quickly and easily.
AirWatch becomes the de facto standard for endpoint management
Many IT teams use a point solution to manage smartphones and tablets, another for laptops and PCs, a separate one for rugged devices and peripherals, and yet another for wearables and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. AirWatch 8 will simplify enterprise mobility with comprehensive unified endpoint management capabilities that enable IT to manage virtually all end user devices from a single pane of glass. AirWatch 8 endpoint management enhancements will include:
- The industry's first EMM management capabilities for Chrome OS with enrollment support, device details and profiles. Additional laptop management capabilities include enrollment enhancements for Windows 7.
- Automatic software updates, new profiles, AppleCare integration and support for Apple's Volume Purchase Program on Mac OS X.
- New policies for devices running on QNX.
- Integration with Jasper, a global IoT platform which enables companies of all sizes to rapidly and cost-effectively launch, manage and monetize IoT services on a global scale.
- Expanded peripheral management with enhancements to Datamax-O'Neil and Zebra printer management.
Enabling the next generation of mobile applications in the enterprise
Applications have completely changed the way employees work. Organizations have moved past basic email configurations to the next generation of applications that enable employees to access information and collaborate with colleagues from virtually anywhere. With some organizations deploying up to several hundred applications, it's often difficult to know which applications to trust and what data from applications is important to monitor. AirWatch 8 will deliver a simpler way for organizations to deliver, monitor and manage public, internal and AirWatch-developed applications throughout the application lifecycle. Updates will include:
- New app dashboard that provides actionable insights based on detailed application statistics, deployment schedules and version adoptions for enterprise applications.
- Flexible app deployment that allows IT to configure deployment parameters across smart groups and to prioritize deployment scheduling for an internal app, preventing conflicts between group configurations.
- Integration with Veracode's cloud-based platform for in-depth, reliable and automatic application reputation management and scanning to reduce enterprise risk from malicious mobile applications. IT can receive scheduled analysis, create blacklisted application groups and automatically run compliance rules on devices.
- Enhanced platform integrations with Box for secure content access, collaboration and document editing using AirWatch Content Locker.
- Socialcast by VMware integration with AirWatch Content Locker for document sharing, preview and download without leaving Socialcast.
- AirWatch Video launch to empower organizations to scale and secure companywide video and training initiatives with content delivery network (CDN), including video hosting leader Wistia.
"Enterprise mobility management is transforming from single point solutions into comprehensive platforms that focus on end user satisfaction, application enablement and unifying the management of endpoints," said Stacy Crook, research director, IDC's Enterprise Mobility research practice. "With AirWatch 8, AirWatch is taking the next step towards providing a platform that meets diverse enterprise requirements and is equipped to handle customer needs in the coming year."
"AirWatch 8 will enable our customer and partner community to drive a new wave of business process innovation as they execute on the next generation of their mobility initiatives," said John Marshall, senior vice president and general manager, AirWatch by VMware. "In 2014, we solidified our position as the largest EMM provider with $200 million in bookings, 15,000 customers and the breadth of our partner ecosystem. With the launch of AirWatch 8 and our continued integration with VMware and mobility partners, we expect customer adoption, partnership expansion and product innovation to accelerate in 2015 and beyond."
AirWatch 8 will be available to customers in Q1 2015. To learn more about AirWatch or to request a 30-day free trial, visit air-watch.com.
- Register for the webinar: AirWatch 8: Redefining the Enterprise Mobility Experience
- Read the blog and watch the highlights video: Introducing AirWatch 8
About AirWatch by VMware
AirWatch by VMware is the leader in enterprise mobility management, with more than 15,000 global customers. The AirWatch platform includes industry-leading mobile device, email, application, content and browser management solutions. Organizations can implement these solutions across device types and use cases, including complete EMM for corporate and line of business deployments, and containerized solutions for bring your own device (BYOD) programs. Acquired by VMware in February 2014, AirWatch is based in Atlanta and can be found online at www.air-watch.com. VMware is headquartered in Silicon Valley and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware and AirWatch are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
+ 1 404.353.6253