For the fifth Consecutive Major iOS Release, AirWatch Supports the Latest iOS Software the Moment It Is Released in 17 Languages
ATLANTA, GA--(Marketwired - September 16, 2015) - AirWatch®, the leader in enterprise mobility management (EMM), announced instant device management support for iOS 9, available today. AirWatch customers can support any device running iOS 9 through the AirWatch by VMware Enterprise Mobility Management™ platform in all 17 languages today. AirWatch has offered same-day support for every iOS release since iOS 5 in 2011, leading the industry in instant support of the latest operating systems.
Through the iOS 9 Beta Program, many AirWatch customers have already tested the latest innovations and opportunities with iOS 9. Today, all AirWatch customers can take advantage of the many iOS 9 updates, including redesigned application distribution and simplified management capabilities.
Key updates AirWatch customers can take advantage of in iOS 9 include:
- New telecom management functionality possible with expanded network usage rules that allow IT to prevent cellular usage and roaming at the app-level, for any app that is available in the App Store. With AirWatch Telecom Management™, this allows IT to control telecom costs directly related to managed apps that employees use to do their jobs, but it won't prevent them from using their personal apps.
- Several new restriction profiles from AirWatch to help secure corporate data and help users prevent accidental data leakage due to automatic device syncs. IT can prevent users from sending enterprise data or attachments via AirDrop to keep corporate data on managed devices. Restricting screen recording, iCloud photo library backup, keyboard shortcuts and pairing with Apple Watch secures data so it isn't accidently automatically shared to another device due.
- Implicit application trust and security. Applications installed via an EMM provider can be implicitly trusted. Previously, users were often prompted with a pop-up notification that asked if they trusted the application developer, which could be confusing to users installing enterprise apps. This new feature also provides a more seamless experience for users.
- Ability to block side-loading of any apps outside of the Apple App Store or the enterprise App Catalog. If side loading is allowed, the process is improved to greater emphasize the importance of trusting the app. By default, the use of the application is blocked, and the user must explicitly trust that app from the settings menu in order to install it.
"AirWatch leads the industry in our same-day support capabilities and continues our trend with instant and comprehensive support of today's iOS 9 release," said Noah Wasmer, vice president of product management and CTO, End-User Computing, VMware. "Customers are looking to transform processes with business mobility, and the latest innovations in iOS 9 support that transformation. Providing instant support allows our customers to take advantage of these updates the moment they are available."
- Learn more about AirWatch and Apple
- Learn more about AirWatch support for iOS
- Read the support documentation on preparing for iOS 9
- Download the infographic
- Register for the webinar, AirWatch to Provide Instant Support for iOS 9 Device Management
- Read more on the AirWatch Blog
AirWatch is the leader in enterprise mobility management, with more than 16,000 global customers. The AirWatch by VMware platform includes industry-leading mobile device, email, application, content and browser management solutions. Organizations can implement these solutions across device types and use cases, including complete EMM for corporate and line of business deployments, and containerized solutions for bring your own device (BYOD) programs. Acquired by VMware in February 2014, AirWatch is based in Atlanta and can be found online at www.air-watch.com. VMware is headquartered in Silicon Valley and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, AirWatch, AirWatch by VMware, AirWatch by VMware Enterprise Mobility Management, VMworld, and AirWatch Telecom Management, are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Public Relations Manager
+ 1 470-247-6742