VMware presenta i risultati finanziari per il primo trimestre dell’anno fiscale 2019
Il fatturato cresce del 14% rispetto allo stesso periodo dello scorso anno
Milano, 1 giugno 2018 — VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), innovatore leader nel software aziendale, ha annunciato i risultati finanziari per il primo trimestre dell’anno fiscale 2019:
- Il fatturato per il primo trimestre è stato di 2,01 miliardi di dollari, con un aumento del 14% rispetto al primo trimestre 2018.
- I ricavi delle licenze per il primo trimestre sono pari a 774 milioni di dollari, con un aumento del 21% rispetto al primo trimestre 2018.
- Il reddito netto GAAP per il primo trimestre è stati di 942 milioni di dollari, compresi 781 milioni di dollari per la IPO su Pivotal, o $ 2,29 per azione diluita, +288% rispetto ai 245 milioni di dollari, o 0,59 $ per azione diluita, per il primo trimestre 2018. L'utile netto non GAAP per il trimestre è stato di 516 milioni di dollari, o $ 1,26 per azione diluita, in crescita del 18% per azione diluita rispetto a 440 milioni di dollari, o $ 1,06 per azione diluita, per il per il primo trimestre 2018.
- Il reddito operativo GAAP per il primo trimestre è stato di 382 milioni di dollari, con un aumento del 47% rispetto al primo trimestre 2018. Il reddito operativo non GAAP del primo trimestre è stato di 598 milioni di dollari, con un incremento del 13% rispetto al primo trimestre 2018.
- Il flusso di cassa operativo per il primo trimestre 2018 è stato di 1,10 miliardi di dollari. Il flusso di cassa disponibile per il primo trimestre è stato pari a 1,03 miliardi di dollari.
“Il primo trimestre ha rappresentato un ottimo inizio di anno fiscale e siamo soddisfatti dei nostri risultati che continuano a essere guidati dalla forza del nostro ampio portafoglio di prodotti e servizi e in tutte e tre le aree geografiche ", ha commentato Pat Gelsinger, chief executive officer, VMware . "Quest’anno celebriamo il nostro ventesimo anniversario e il software VMware continua a essere all'avanguardia nell'innovazione, fungendo da base essenziale per l'infrastruttura digitale nel mondo.”
VMware Reports Fiscal 2019 First Quarter Results
Total revenue growth of 14% year-over-year Broad-based strength across all three geographies
PALO ALTO, CA — May 31, 2018 — VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a leading innovator in enterprise software, today announced financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2019:
- Revenue for the first quarter was $2.01 billion, an increase of 14% from the first quarter of fiscal 2018.
- License revenue for the first quarter was $774 million, an increase of 21% from the first quarter of fiscal 2018.
- GAAP net income for the first quarter was $942 million, including a gain of $781 million on Pivotal Software’s IPO, or $2.29 per diluted share, up 288% per diluted share compared to $245 million, or $0.59 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2018. Non-GAAP net income for the quarter was $516 million, or $1.26 per diluted share, up 18% per diluted share compared to $440 million, or $1.06 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2018.
- GAAP operating income for the first quarter was $382 million, an increase of 47% from the first quarter of fiscal 2018. Non-GAAP operating income for the first quarter was $598 million, an increase of 13% from the first quarter of fiscal 2018.
- Operating cash flows for the first quarter were $1.10 billion. Free cash flows for the quarter were $1.03 billion.
- Total revenue plus sequential change in total unearned revenue grew 17% year-over-year.
- License revenue plus sequential change in unearned license revenue grew 21% year-over-year.
“Q1 was a strong start to the year, and we are pleased with our results, which continue to be driven by broad-based strength across our diverse product and services portfolio and in all three geographies,” commented Pat Gelsinger, chief executive officer, VMware. “As we mark our twentieth anniversary, VMware software continues to be at the forefront of innovation, serving as the essential, ubiquitous foundation for the world’s digital infrastructure.”
“Q1 results reflect the success we have with our broad and increasingly integrated product and services portfolio,” said Zane Rowe, executive vice president and chief financial officer, VMware. “The strong start to fiscal 2019 has us well positioned to execute on our strategy.”
Recent Highlights & Strategic Announcements
- In early May, VMware outlined its vision for the future of networking, announced the VMware NSX networking and security portfolio and unveiled the Virtual Cloud Network. The Virtual Cloud Network will enable organizations to create a digital business fabric for connecting and securing applications, data and users in a hyper-distributed world.
- VMware announced that VMware Cloud on AWS is now available in Europe and will offer new capabilities to accelerate and simplify enterprise cloud migration and hybrid cloud deployments.
- VMware introduced a number of updates to its Workspace ONE platform that make it the first and only intelligence-driven digital workspace to improve user experience and enable predictive security across the perimeter-less environment.
- VMware unveiled new releases of VMware vSphere and VMware vSAN—which power the industry’s leading hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) solutions—to help enterprises securely run their business-critical and modern applications in the data center, at the edge, in the public cloud, or in hybrid cloud environments.
- VMware was named #1 in HCI software market share in IDC’s Worldwide Quarterly Converged Systems Tracker.*
- At Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona in February, VMware announced updates to its growing telco software and Cloud Services portfolio that help communications service providers (CSPs) create new revenue streams, open new industry opportunities, drive down costs and ready their networks for the 5G world.
- Forbes named VMware No. 21 on Forbes’ list of America’s best employers. Additionally, VMware was ranked as the fourth best employer in Forbes’ “IT, Internet, Software & Services” category.
The company will host a conference call today at 2:00 p.m. PT/ 5:00 p.m. ET to review financial results and business outlook. A live web broadcast of the event will be available on the VMware investor relations website at http://ir.vmware.com. Slides will accompany the web broadcast. The replay of the webcast and slides will be available on the website for two months. In addition, six quarters of historical data for unearned revenue will also be made available at http://ir.vmware.com in conjunction with the conference call.
*IDC Quarterly Converged Systems Tracker, April 5, 2018
Adoption of New Revenue Standard ASC 606
During May 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board issued updates to accounting standards related to revenue recognition ("ASC 606"). VMware adopted ASC 606 on a full retrospective basis effective February 3, 2018. Accordingly, the financial results for the first quarter of fiscal 2019 presented in this release have been prepared under ASC 606. In order to provide meaningful comparisons to prior periods, VMware has included financial statements for the first quarter of fiscal 2018 and a balance sheet as of the end of fiscal 2018 adjusted for ASC 606. All year-over-year comparisons in this release compare first quarter fiscal 2019 results to the first quarter of fiscal 2018 as adjusted for ASC 606.
To further assist investors, the financial tables in this release also include a supplemental unearned revenue schedule for each quarter of fiscal 2018 as adjusted for ASC 606, as well as a supplemental schedule of financial information for each quarter of fiscal 2018 and the full fiscal years 2018 and 2016.
VMware software powers the world’s most complex digital infrastructure. The company’s compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to over 500,000 customers globally, aided by an ecosystem of 75,000 partners. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, this year VMware celebrates twenty years of breakthrough innovation benefiting business and society. For more information please visit https://www.vmware.com/company.html.
VMware’s website is located at www.vmware.com, and its investor relations website is located at http://ir.vmware.com. VMware’s goal is to maintain the investor relations website as a portal through which investors can easily find or navigate to pertinent information about VMware, all of which is made available free of charge. The additional information includes materials that VMware files with the SEC; announcements of investor conferences and events at which its executives talk about its products, services and competitive strategies; webcasts of its quarterly earnings calls, investor conferences and events (archives of which are also available for a limited time); additional information on its financial metrics, including reconciliations of non-GAAP financial measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures; press releases on quarterly earnings, product and service announcements, legal developments and international news; corporate governance information; and other news, blogs and announcements that VMware may post from time to time that investors may find useful or interesting.
VMware, VMware Cloud, NSX, vSphere and VMware vSAN are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective organizations.
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures
Reconciliations of non-GAAP financial measures to VMware’s financial results as determined in accordance with GAAP are included at the end of this press release following the accompanying financial data. For a description of these non-GAAP financial measures, including the reasons management uses each measure, please see the section of the tables titled “About Non-GAAP Financial Measures.”
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding VMware’s strategic positioning and ability to execute on its strategies and the strengths and expected benefits to customers of VMware products and services. These forward-looking statements are subject to the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in consumer, government and information technology spending; (iii) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures, industry consolidation, entry of new competitors into the virtualization software and cloud, end user and mobile computing industries, and new product and marketing initiatives by VMware’s competitors; (iv) VMware’s customers’ ability to transition to new products and computing strategies such as cloud computing, desktop virtualization and the software defined data center; (v) VMware’s ability to enter into and maintain strategically effective partnerships and alliances; (vi) the uncertainty of customer acceptance of emerging technology; (vii) rapid technological changes in the virtualization software and cloud, end user and mobile computing industries; (viii) changes to product and service development timelines; (ix) VMware’s relationship with Dell Technologies and Dell’s ability to control matters requiring stockholder approval, including the election of VMware’s board members and matters relating to Dell’s investment in VMware; (x) VMware’s ability to protect its proprietary technology; (xi) VMware’s ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xii) the ability to successfully integrate into VMware acquired companies and assets and smoothly transition services related to divested assets from VMware; (xiii) the ability of VMware to realize synergies from Dell; (xiv) disruptions resulting from key management changes; (xv) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xvi) changes in VMware’s financial condition; and (xvii) risks associated with cyber-attacks, information security and privacy. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this press release, are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including VMware’s most recent reports on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K that we may file from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. VMware assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Il software di VMware alimenta l’infrastruttura digitale complessa di oggi. Le soluzioni in ambito computing, cloud, mobility, networking e sicurezza offrono un fondamento digitale dinamico ed efficiente a oltre 500.000 clienti in tutto il mondo, supportati da un ecosistema di oltre 75.000 partner. Con sede a Palo Alto, quest’anno VMware celebra vent'anni di innovazione rivoluzionaria a vantaggio delle aziende e della società. Per maggiori informazioni: www.vmware.com/it
Tel.: +39 02 30412700
Ufficio stampa VMware
Alessandra Merini Elisabetta Benini Sara Preatoni
Tel.: +39 02 700251
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com