VMware annuncia i risultati finanziari del secondo trimestre 2016
Forte affermazione dei nuovi business, che contribuiscono a far crescere il fatturato rispetto allo scorso anno
Milano, 20 luglio 2016 — VMware, leader globale nell’infrastruttura cloud e nella business mobility, ha annunciato i risultati finanziari per il secondo trimestre 2016. Questi i dati principali:
- Il fatturato per il secondo trimestre è stato di 1,69 miliardi di dollari, +6% rispetto al fatturato non-GAAP dello stesso periodo del 2015 e +11% rispetto al fatturato GAAP dello stesso periodo del 2015.
- Il fatturato derivante dalle licenze per il secondo trimestre è stato di 644 milioni di dollari, +1% rispetto allo stesso periodo del 2015.
- L’utile netto GAAP per il secondo trimestre ha raggiunto 265 milioni di dollari, o 0,62 dollari per azione dopo la diluizione, +54% rispetto ai 172 milioni di dollari, o 0,40 dollari per azione dopo la diluizione, del secondo trimestre 2015. L’utile netto Non-GAAP per il primo trimestre è stato di 414 milioni di dollari o 0,97 dollari per azione dopo la diluizione, +5% rispetto ai 396 milioni di dollari, o 0,93 dollari per azione dopo la diluizione, del secondo trimestre 2015.
- L’utile operativo GAAP per il primo trimestre ha raggiunto 323 milioni di dollari, +57% rispetto allo stesso periodo del 2015. L’utile operativo Non-GAAP è stato di 509 milioni di dollari, +6% rispetto allo stesso periodo del 2015.
- Il flusso di cassa operativo è stato di 577 milioni di dollari e il reddito da capitale al 30 giugno 2016 è di 5,12 miliardi di dollari.
- Il flusso di cassa, il flusso di cassa equivalente e gli investimenti a breve termine sono stati 8,67 miliardi di dollari.
“Il secondo trimestre ci ha visto proseguire il trend positivo dei primi tre mesi del 2016, sia in termini di risultati che di obiettivo strategico di giocare un ruolo di primo piano con i business più nuovi come la virtualizzazione di rete e storage e con le soluzioni per il cloud,” ha commentato Pat Gelsinger, chief executive officer di VMware. “I clienti scelgono VMware per aiutarli a implementare, gestire e proteggere le loro applicazioni nel cloud e su tutti i dispositivi, con una sicurezza e una visibilità senza paragoni.”
VMware Reports Second Quarter 2016 Results
Strong momentum from newer businesses contributed to year-over-year growth
PALO ALTO, Calif., July 18, 2016 — VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, today announced financial results for the second quarter of 2016:
- GAAP and non-GAAP revenues for the second quarter were $1.69 billion, an increase of 6% from non-GAAP revenues for the second quarter of 2015, and an increase of 11% from GAAP revenues for the second quarter of 2015.
- License revenues for the second quarter were $644 million, an increase of 1% from the second quarter of 2015.
- GAAP net income for the second quarter was $265 million, or $0.62 per diluted share, up 54% per diluted share compared to $172 million, or $0.40 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2015. Non-GAAP net income for the quarter was $414 million, or $0.97 per diluted share, up 5% per diluted share compared to $396 million, or $0.93 per diluted share, for second quarter of 2015.
- GAAP operating income for the second quarter was $323 million, an increase of 57% from the second quarter of 2015. Non-GAAP operating income for the second quarter was $509 million, an increase of 6% from the second quarter of 2015.
- Operating cash flows for the second quarter were $577 million. Free cash flows for the quarter were $539 million.
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments were $8.67 billion, and unearned revenue was $5.12 billion as of June 30, 2016.
- Total non-GAAP revenues plus sequential change in total unearned revenues grew 10% year-over-year. Total GAAP revenues plus sequential change in total unearned revenues grew 16% year-over-year.
- License revenues plus sequential change in unearned license revenues grew 5% year-over-year.
“Q2 was a continuation of the good start to the year we experienced in Q1, both for results and against our strategic goal of building momentum for our newer growth businesses and in the cloud,” said Pat Gelsinger, chief executive officer, VMware. “Customers are turning to VMware to help them run, manage, secure and connect their applications across all clouds and all devices, with unparalleled connectivity, security and visibility.”
Zane Rowe, executive vice president and chief financial officer, VMware, said, “This was another good quarter for VMware, and I’m particularly pleased with our financial performance and increasing strength of our balance sheet. We’re also looking forward to returning value to our stockholders through the $1.2 billion stock repurchase we announced last quarter.”
Recent Highlights & Strategic Announcements
- Last month, VMware made announcements to further innovate its Business Mobility strategy and product offerings. Announcements included:
- A new endpoint security solution powered by Tanium. The new solution, VMware TrustPoint, delivers an integrated solution for unified endpoint management and security.
- Advancements to Workspace ONE, powered by the latest update of VMware AirWatch 8.4 and VMware Identity Manager, that will deliver a new identity-defined managed workspace.
- VMware announced the acquisition of Arkin Net, a leader in software-defined data center security and operations. The acquisition will help customers accelerate adoption of VMware NSX and software-defined data centers.
- In April, VMware teamed with Pivotal to accelerate the deployment of cloud native applications. The new enterprise cloud native solution—powered by Pivotal Cloud Foundry and VMware Photon Platform—allows enterprises to run applications and infrastructure at startup speeds.
- Leading analyst firm IDC named VMware as the market share leader in both the worldwide cloud systems management(1) and the datacenter automation software markets(2) based on 2015 revenues. This is the third consecutive year that VMware has topped both categories.
- VMware AirWatch continues to receive industry recognition from top analyst firms:
- It was named a leader in the Gartner June 2016 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), Suites(3) for the sixth consecutive year. It was also positioned the highest for ability to execute for the fourth year in a row and the furthest in completeness of vision this year. This is the first time in the history of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for EMM Suites that a single vendor placed the furthest on both axes.(4)
- For the second consecutive year, leading analyst firm IDC ranked VMware AirWatch as the largest EMM vendor in terms of market share for 2015. (5)
The company will host a conference call today at 2:00 p.m. PT/ 5:00 p.m. ET to review financial results and business outlook. A live web broadcast of the event will be available on the VMware investor relations website at http://ir.vmware.com. Slides will accompany the web broadcast. The replay of the webcast and slides will be available on the website for two months. In addition, six quarters of historical data for revenues which include year-over-year comparisons will also be made available at http://ir.vmware.com in conjunction with the conference call.
VMware’s website is located at www.vmware.com, and its investor relations website is located at http://ir.vmware.com. VMware’s goal is to maintain the investor relations website as a portal through which investors can easily find or navigate to pertinent information about VMware, all of which is made available free of charge. The additional information includes materials that VMware files with the SEC; announcements of investor conferences and events at which its executives talk about its products, services and competitive strategies; webcasts of its quarterly earnings calls, investor conferences and events (archives of which are also available for a limited time); additional information on its financial metrics, including reconciliations of non-GAAP financial measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures; press releases on quarterly earnings, product and service announcements, legal developments and international news; corporate governance information; and other news, blogs and announcements that VMware may post from time to time that investors may find useful or interesting.
VMware, VMware TrustPoint, VMware Identity Manager, Workspace ONE, Photon, and AirWatch, are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective organizations.
(1) IDC, “Worldwide Cloud Systems Management Software Market Shares, 2015: Year of Continued Expansion,” June 2016
(2) IDC, “Worldwide Datacenter Automation Software Market Shares, 2015: Year of Suite Success,” June 2016
(3) Gartner, Rob Smith, et. al., Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites, June 8, 2016
(4) Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
(5) IDC, “Worldwide Enterprise Mobility Management Software Market Shares, 2015: Consolidation of Vendors and Market Share Changes the Landscape,” May, 2016
VMware offre soluzioni per la virtualizzazione e per le infrastrutture cloud che consentono alle aziende di crescere nell’era del Cloud. I clienti si affidano a VMware per trasformare il modo in cui costruiscono, distribuiscono e utilizzano le risorse IT, secondo un modello che è rivoluzionario e in base alle proprie specifiche esigenze. Con un fatturato 2015 pari a 6,6 miliardi di dollari, VMware conta oltre 500.000 clienti e 75.000 partner. VMware ha sede nella Silicon Valley e uffici in tutto il mondo. Per maggiori informazioni: www.vmware.com/it
Tel.: +39 02 30412700
Ufficio stampa VMware
Tel.: +39 02 700251