Corporate social responsibility as a nice-to-have is a relic of yesterday—whereas today, driving innovation through Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) can be a crucial competitive advantage for companies around the globe. This is especially true as we navigate complex, interconnected and global issues such as climate change, inequity and cybersecurity.
VMware is proud to have had a positive environmental impact over the years through the inherent energy efficiency of our products and solutions. We recognized that we could amplify our impact even further by baking ESG into our organization and culture. That’s why we created a framework that clearly outlines our ESG strategy and goals with progress that we can measure. We call this our 2030 Agenda.
We know that we have a long way to go to realize VMware’s vision to build a more sustainable, equitable and secure digital future for all. However, the last year showed that we are well positioned to accelerate this critical work in the coming years. Our latest ESG Report shares customer stories and actions taken on our 30 cross-functional goals embedded within the 2030 Agenda.
Here are a few of the highlights from the past year demonstrating our progress:
- We founded the VMware Zero Carbon Committed™ program and added 30 VMware Cloud Provider™ partners committed to renewable energy.
- We launched the VMware Responsible Sourcing™ program to prioritize sustainability, diversity and accessibility in our supply chain.
- We invested in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives, including within our hiring practices, resulting in a 2.1 percentage point increase of representation of women in VMware’s workforce from the previous year.
- We furthered our climate transition planning, guided by recommendations in the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
- We enhanced our governance practices by including ESG milestones in Executive compensation bonus plans.
We invite you to learn more about our 2030 Agenda and join us as we accelerate from strategy to action to drive outcomes of sustainability, equity and trust.
We’ll also be talking about ESG and sustainable product innovations next month at VMware Explore. Learn more and register today.