VMware gibt Finanzzahlen für das vierte Quartal und das Geschäftsjahr 2018 bekannt
- Jahresumsatz-Rekord von 8,97 Milliarden US-Dollar; ein Anstieg von 14 Prozent im Vergleich zum Vorjahr
- Der Umsatz für das vierte Quartal steigt zum Vorjahresquartal um 16 Prozent dank der positiven Entwicklung in sämtlichen Geschäftsbereichen
München, 04. März 2019 – VMware, Innovationsführer im Bereich Unternehmenssoftware, gibt heute die Finanzzahlen für das vierte Quartal sowie für das Geschäftsjahr 2018 (VMware Fiskaljahr 2019) bekannt.
Weitere Details zu den Finanzzahlen entnehmen Sie bitte der englischsprachigen Pressemeldung wie folgt:
- Revenue for the fourth quarter was $2.59 billion, an increase of 16% from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2018.
- License revenue for the fourth quarter was $1.23 billion, an increase of 21% from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2018.
- GAAP net income for the fourth quarter was $502 million, including a loss of $38 million on an investment in Pivotal Software, or $1.21 per diluted share, compared to a GAAP net loss of $387 million, or $0.96 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2018. Non-GAAP net income for the fourth quarter was $823 million, or $1.98 per diluted share, up 23% per diluted share compared to $657 million, or $1.60 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2018.
- GAAP operating income for the fourth quarter was $664 million, an increase of 10% from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2018. Non-GAAP operating income for the fourth quarter was $967 million, an increase of 18% from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2018.
- Operating cash flow for the fourth quarter was $1.01 billion. Free cash flow for the fourth quarter was $946 million.
- Total revenue plus sequential change in total unearned revenue grew 17% year-over-year.
- License revenue plus sequential change in unearned license revenue grew 20% year-over-year.
- Revenue for fiscal year 2019 was $8.97 billion, an increase of 14% from fiscal 2018.
- License revenue for fiscal year 2019 was $3.79 billion, an increase of 18% from fiscal 2018.
- GAAP net income for fiscal year 2019 was $2.42 billion, including a gain of $813 million on an investment in Pivotal Software, or $5.85 per diluted share, compared to $659 million, or $1.59 per diluted share, for fiscal 2018. Non-GAAP net income for fiscal year 2019 was $2.62 billion, or $6.33 per diluted share, up 21% per diluted share compared to $2.17 billion, or $5.24 per diluted share, for fiscal 2018.
- GAAP operating income for fiscal year 2019 was $2.05 billion, an increase of 20% from fiscal 2018. Non-GAAP operating income for fiscal year 2019 was $3.04 billion, an increase of 14% from fiscal 2018.
- Operating cash flow for fiscal year 2019 was $3.66 billion. Free cash flow for fiscal year 2019 was $3.42 billion.
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments were $2.85 billion, and unearned revenue was $6.98 billion as of February 1, 2019.
“Q4 was a terrific ending to a strong fiscal ’19 driven by broad-based strength across our diverse product portfolio and in all three geographies,” commented Pat Gelsinger, chief executive officer, VMware. “VMware is providing the essential ubiquitous software foundation for our customers’ digital transformations while we also work to drive positive global impact across our people, products and the planet.”
“We’re pleased with our performance in the quarter and for the year, including the return of $11 billion dollars to shareholders through a special dividend in December,” said Zane Rowe, executive vice president and chief financial officer, VMware. “We continued to drive deeper engagement with our customers and partners, who leverage the VMware portfolio for their business initiatives.”
Quarterly Business Highlights & Strategic Announcements
- At AWS re:Invent 2018 in November, VMware and AWS unveiled new offerings that will run on AWS Outposts, enabling customers to build and deploy in customer data centers in an “as a service” model with rich, enterprise-class capabilities.
- VMware announced the initial availability of VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud (US) in November. With the initial availability of VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud (US), United States government customers and partners run vSphere-based workloads in the AWS GovCloud (US) Region.
- VMware closed the acquisition of Heptio in December. With the acquisition of Heptio, VMware will accelerate its efforts to make Kubernetes the container standard for customers building and running their applications across clouds, and continue to drive the open-source communities’ development of this critical platform.
- VMware announced the general availability of VMware PKS 1.3, which introduced support for Microsoft Azure, further enhancing the solution’s multi-cloud capabilities.
- Forrester positioned VMware as a leader in the Forrester Wave: Unified Endpoint Management, Q4 2018. VMware Workspace ONE achieved the highest possible score in the market presence category, as well as the product vision, commitment to innovation and partner ecosystem criteria.[i]
- VMware was recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure based on the completeness of vision and ability to execute.[ii]
- At Mobile World Conference this week, VMware demonstrated momentum in the Telco segment as 5G becomes a reality with an announced expansion of its AT&T SD-WAN collaboration to include 5G, a key alliance agreement with Ericsson as well as NFV deployment at scale with Vodafone.
- As part of VMware’s carbon neutral certification program, VMware continued its commitment to building a low carbon economy by supporting carbon finance projects in India and Guatemala, reducing emissions through the transition to solar energy and reducing deforestation.
A live web broadcast of the conference call will be available on the VMware investor relations website at http://ir.vmware.com. Slides will accompany the web broadcast. The replay of the webcast and slides will be available on the website for two months. In addition, six quarters of historical data for unearned revenue will also be made available at http://ir.vmware.com in conjunction with the conference call.
# # #
Adoption of New Revenue Standard ASC 606
During May 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board issued updates to accounting standards related to revenue recognition ("ASC 606"). VMware adopted ASC 606 on a full retrospective basis effective February 3, 2018. Accordingly, the financial results for the fourth quarter and full year fiscal 2019 presented in this release have been prepared under ASC 606. In order to provide meaningful comparisons to prior periods, VMware has included financial statements for the three months and year ended February 2, 2018, adjusted for ASC 606, and the balance sheet as of the end of fiscal 2018, adjusted for ASC 606. All year-over-year comparisons in this release compare fourth quarter and full year fiscal 2019 results to the fourth quarter and full year fiscal 2018 as adjusted for ASC 606.
To further assist investors, the financial tables in this release also include a supplemental unearned revenue schedule for the third and fourth quarters of fiscal 2018 as adjusted for ASC 606.
VMware’s website is located at www.vmware.com, and its investor relations website is located at http://ir.vmware.com. VMware’s goal is to maintain the investor relations website as a portal through which investors can easily find or navigate to pertinent information about VMware, all of which is made available free of charge. The additional information includes materials that VMware files with the SEC; announcements of investor conferences and events at which its executives talk about its products, services and competitive strategies; webcasts of its quarterly earnings calls, investor conferences and events (archives of which are also available for a limited time); additional information on its financial metrics, including reconciliations of non-GAAP financial measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures; press releases on quarterly earnings, product and service announcements, legal developments and international news; corporate governance information; and other news, blogs and announcements that VMware may post from time to time that investors may find useful or interesting, including information regarding the tax treatment of VMware’s special dividend that was paid on December 28, 2018.
VMware, VMware Cloud, vSphere, Workspace ONE and Heptio are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective organizations.
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures
Reconciliations of non-GAAP financial measures to VMware’s financial results as determined in accordance with GAAP are included at the end of this press release following the accompanying financial data. For a description of these non-GAAP financial measures, including the reasons management uses each measure, please see the section of the tables titled “About Non-GAAP Financial Measures.”
VMware treibt mit seiner Unternehmenssoftware die digitale Infrastruktur der Welt voran. Die Lösungen des Unternehmens in den Bereichen Cloud, Netzwerk und Security sowie digitaler Arbeitsplatz bieten eine flexible und effiziente Grundlage für den Geschäftserfolg von mehr als 500.000 Kunden weltweit. Vertrieben wird das umfassende Portfolio von einem globalen Netzwerk aus 75.000 Partnern. Das Unternehmen mit Hauptsitz im kalifornischen Silicon Valley setzt seine zahlreichen technologischen Innovationen im Rahmen des „Force for Good“-Ansatzes ein, um auf globaler Ebene Positives zu bewirken. Die deutsche Geschäftsstelle befindet sich in München. Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter https://www.vmware.com/de.
Maisberger GmbH für VMware
Tel. +49 (0) 89 / 41 95 99 - 71
[i] Forrester, Andrew Hewitt and Chris Sherman, The Forrester Wave™: Unified Endpoint Management, Q4 2018, 20 November 2018
[ii] Gartner, John MacAurthur, et. Al., Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure, 2 January 2019. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.