VMware gibt Finanzzahlen für das zweite Quartal des Geschäftsjahres 2018 bekannt
Umsatzwachstum im Vergleich zum Vorjahr um über 12 Prozent auf 1,90 Mrd. USD; Starke Ergebnisse durch breit angelegtes Produktportfolio und positives Momentum in allen Regionen
Palo Alto/München, 25. August 2017 – VMware, führendes Unternehmen für Cloud-Infrastruktur und Unternehmensmobilität, gibt heute seine Finanzzahlen für das zweite Quartal des Geschäftsjahres 2018 bekannt.
Alle Informationen zu den Finanzzahlen entnehmen Sie bitte der englischsprachigen Pressemeldung wie folgt:
- Revenue for the second quarter was $1.90 billion, an increase of 12.2% from the second quarter of 2016.
- License revenue for the second quarter was $732 million, an increase of 13.7% from the second quarter of 2016.
- GAAP net income for the second quarter was $334 million, or $0.81 per diluted share, up 30% per diluted share compared to $265 million, or $0.62 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2016. Non-GAAP net income for the quarter was $489 million, or $1.19 per diluted share, up 22% per diluted share compared to $414 million, or $0.97 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2016.
- GAAP operating income for the second quarter was $338 million, an increase of 5% from the second quarter of 2016. Non-GAAP operating income for the second quarter was $585 million, an increase of 15% from the second quarter of 2016.
- Operating cash flows for the second quarter were $620 million. Free cash flows for the quarter were $563 million.
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments were $8.9 billion, and unearned revenue was $5.5 billion as of August 4, 2017.
- Total revenue plus sequential change in total unearned revenue grew 18% year-over-year.
- License revenue plus sequential change in unearned license revenue grew 14% year-over-year.
- VMware’s debut debt offering of $4 billion in 3-, 5- and 10-year senior unsecured notes was completed on August 21, 2017.
- As previously announced, VMware’s Board of Directors authorized $1 billion for stock repurchases through August 31, 2018, in addition to the $900 million authorized amount remaining in the ongoing $1.2 billion stock repurchase program for fiscal 2018, originally announced in January 2017.
“We are very pleased with our Q2 results, which were driven by broad-based strength across the product portfolio in all three geographies,” said Pat Gelsinger, chief executive officer, VMware. “As we continue our multi-year journey from a compute virtualization company to offer a broad portfolio of products driving efficiency and digital transformation, customers are increasingly turning to VMware to help them run, manage, secure and connect their applications across all clouds and all devices.”
“VMware had a strong quarter and is well positioned for the future,” said Zane Rowe, executive vice president and chief financial officer, VMware. “We increased our fiscal year guidance, completed our successful debut debt offering and received authorization for an additional $1.0 billion of stock repurchases.”
Recent Highlights & Strategic Announcements
- In June, VMware introduced major updates across its VMware™ vRealize™ Cloud Management Platform which enable customers to manage and provision at scale—including compute, network, storage, and application services across multi-cloud environments.
- Analyst firm IDC named VMware as the market share leader in both the worldwide cloud systems management and the datacenter automation software markets based on 2016 revenue. VMware topped both categories for the fourth year in a row.()()
- VMware was acknowledged as a visionary in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Networking.()
- VMware AirWatch® was again named a leader in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Suites and positioned highest in ability to execute and completeness of vision.()
- VMware AirWatch was named as a leader in the IDC EMM MarketScape.()
The company will host a conference call today at 2:00 p.m. PT/ 5:00 p.m. ET to review financial results and business outlook. A live web broadcast of the event will be available on the VMware investor relations website at http://ir.vmware.com. Slides will accompany the web broadcast. The replay of the webcast and slides will be available on the website for two months. In addition, six quarters of historical data for unearned revenue that include year-over-year comparisons will also be made available at http://ir.vmware.com in conjunction with the conference call.
# # #
Revised Fiscal Calendar—Year-over-Year Comparisons of Quarterly Results and Sequential Change in Unearned Revenue Balances
VMware revised its fiscal calendar effective January 1, 2017. VMware’s first fiscal year under its revised fiscal calendar began on February 4, 2017 and will end February 2, 2018. The period from January 1, 2017 through February 3, 2017 was recorded as a transition period and was reported as a separate period in VMware’s Form 10-Q filing for the first quarter of fiscal 2018.
Year-over-year comparisons of quarterly financial results included in this press release and the attached financial tables compare results for VMware’s fiscal 2018 second quarter (May 6, 2017 through August 4, 2017) to VMware’s fiscal 2016 second quarter (April 1, 2016 through June 30, 2016). Sequential changes in total unearned revenue and unearned license revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2018 compare VMware’s total unearned revenue and unearned license revenue balances as of May 5, 2017, the last day of the VMware’s fiscal 2018 first quarter, to the respective balances as of August 4, 2017, the last day of VMware’s fiscal 2018 second quarter.
VMware, weltweit führendes Unternehmen für Cloud-Infrastruktur und Unternehmensmobilität, unterstützt Unternehmen dabei, die digitale Transformation zu beschleunigen. Durch die Cross-Cloud-Architektur und Lösungen in den Bereichen Rechenzentrumsinfrastruktur, Mobility und Security sind Kunden von VMware in der Lage, mittels eines Software-definierten IT-Modells ihr Geschäft voranzutreiben. Mit einem Umsatz von mehr als 7 Milliarden US-Dollar im Jahr 2016 verfügt VMware über 500.000 Kunden und über ein globales Partnernetzwerk aus 75.000 Partnern. Das IT-Unternehmen hat seinen Firmenhauptsitz im kalifornischen Silicon Valley mit Niederlassungen über den ganzen Globus. Die deutsche Geschäftsstelle befindet sich in München-Unterschleißheim. Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter https://www.vmware.com/de.
Pressekontakt VMware Deutschland
Tel. +49 (0) 89 / 41 95 99 - 71
Tel. +49 (0) 89 / 41 95 99 - 12
() “IDC Worldwide Cloud Systems Management Software Market Shares, 2016: Year of Monitoring and Analytics Growth”, by Mary Johnston Turner, July 2017. IDC #US41375617
() “IDC Worldwide Datacenter Automation Software Market Shares, 2016: Year of Market Disruption”, by Mary Johnston Turner, June 2017. IDC #US41372217
() Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Data Center Networking, Danilo Ciscato, et al, July 3, 2017
() Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites, Rob Smith, et al, June 6, 2017
() “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Mobility Management Software 2017 Vendor Assessment”, by Phil Hochmuth, August 2017. IDC #US42890217