VMware gibt Finanzzahlen für das vierte Quartal und für das Geschäftsjahr 2021 bekannt
- Jahresumsatz von 11,8 Milliarden US-Dollar im Geschäftsjahr 2021
- Umsatzwachstum von neun Prozent im Vergleich zum Vorjahr
- Umsatz in den Bereichen Subscription und SaaS in Höhe von 2,6 Milliarden US-Dollar; entspricht 22 Prozent des Jahresumsatzes
München, 26. Februar 2021 – VMware, Innovationsführer im Bereich Unternehmenssoftware, hat die Finanzzahlen für das vierte Quartal und für das gesamte Geschäftsjahr 2021 bekannt gegeben.
Weitere Details zu den Finanzzahlen entnehmen Sie bitte der englischsprachigen Pressemeldung wie folgt:
- Revenue for the fourth quarter was $3.3 billion, an increase of 7% from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020.
- The combination of subscription and SaaS and license revenue was $1.7 billion, an increase of 8% from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020.
- Subscription and SaaS revenue for the fourth quarter was $707 million, an increase of 27% year-over-year.
- GAAP net income for the fourth quarter was $791 million, or $1.87 per diluted share, compared to $321 million, or $0.76 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020. Non-GAAP net income for the fourth quarter was $936 million, or $2.21 per diluted share, up 8% per diluted share compared to $868 million, or $2.05 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020.
- GAAP operating income for the fourth quarter was $1.0 billion, an increase of 303% from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020. Non-GAAP operating income for the fourth quarter was $1.1 billion, an increase of 7% from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020.
- Operating cash flow for the fourth quarter was $1.3 billion. Free cash flow for the fourth quarter was $1.2 billion.
- RPO for the fourth quarter totaled $11.3 billion, up 10% year-over-year.
- Total revenue plus sequential change in total unearned revenue grew 6% year-over-year.
- The combination of Subscription and SaaS and license revenue plus sequential change in unearned
Subscription and SaaS and license revenue grew 10% year-over-year.
- Revenue for fiscal year 2021 was $11.8 billion, an increase of 9% from fiscal 2020.
- The combination of Subscription and SaaS and license revenue for fiscal 2021 was $5.6 billion, an increase of 11% from fiscal year 2020.
- Subscription and SaaS revenue for fiscal year 2021 was $2.6 billion, an increase of 38% from fiscal year 2020.
- GAAP net income for fiscal year 2021 was $2.1 billion, or $4.86 per diluted share, compared to $6.4 billion, or $15.08 per diluted share, for fiscal 2020. Non-GAAP net income for fiscal year 2021 was $3.0 billion, or $7.20 per diluted share, up 15% per diluted share compared to $2.7 billion, or $6.24 per diluted share, for fiscal 2020.
- GAAP operating income for fiscal year 2021 was $2.4 billion, an increase of 66% from fiscal 2020. Non-GAAP operating income for fiscal year 2021 was $3.8 billion, an increase of 16% from fiscal 2020.
- Operating cash flow for fiscal year 2021 was $4.4 billion. Free cash flow for fiscal year 2021 was $4.1 billion.
- Cash was $4.7 billion, and unearned revenue was $10.3 billion, as of January 29, 2021.
“We are pleased with our fourth quarter financial performance and it was a good finish to the fiscal year. Our results reinforce that customers continue to choose VMware technologies and solutions to drive their digital foundation for today and for the future,” said Zane Rowe, CFO and Interim CEO, VMware. “We continue to build and scale our Subscription and SaaS business, bringing customers flexibility in consumption choices, as well as delivering new offerings to market.”
Business Highlights & Strategic Announcements
- VMware Workspace ONE Access achieved FedRAMP℠ Moderate Authorization, allowing the public sector and other regulated industries to rapidly adopt SaaS solutions for mission-enabling, more secure and cost-effective cloud-based IT.
- VMware announced a partnership with Dell Technologies and SK Telecom to develop a multi-access edge computing (MEC) solution that brings together private 5G and edge computing capabilities.
- VMware announced the commercial availability of VMware Blockchain, an extensible and scalable enterprise-grade platform to build business networks and deploy business-critical decentralized applications. With VMware Blockchain, customers can unlock data silos and free up data to flow more securely, privately and instantaneously.
- VMware announced the company’s 2030 Agenda, a 10-year commitment to reaching 30 goals by 2030 for creating a more equitable, sustainable and resilient world. These goals, which will be integrated into VMware’s business, are focused on three outcomes: trust, equity and sustainability.
- VMware achieved a number of recognitions for strong environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance in the area of sustainability:
- The company has been included on the 2020 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI), one of the world’s leading ESG benchmarks. VMware ranked in the 94thpercentile in the software category for its leadership in corporate sustainability.
- VMware was recognized on CDP’s 2020 Climate A List1, which recognizes companies committed to reducing carbon emissions and managing climate change risk.
- VMware was acknowledged by the 2020 Carbon Clean 200™, which ranks publicly traded companies based on their green energy revenues.
- In November, Forrester named VMware a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Hybrid Cloud Management, Q4 20202.
- VMware once again was named a Leader in the December 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure Software, December 20203.
- Also in January, VMware was positioned as a leader in three IDC MarketScape reports related to the End-User Computing space:
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software 2021 Vendor Assessment (doc #US46957820, January 2021) 4
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software for Apple Devices 2021 Vendor Assessment (doc #US46965620, January 2021) 5
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software for Ruggedized/Internet of Things Deployment 2021 Vendor Assessment (doc #US46957920, January 2021) 6
The company will host a conference call today at 1:30 p.m. PT/ 4:30 p.m. ET to review financial results and business outlook. A live web broadcast of the event will be available on the VMware investor relations website at http://ir.vmware.com. Slides will accompany the web broadcast. The replay of the webcast and slides will be available on the website for two months. In addition, six quarters of historical data for unearned revenue will also be made available at http://ir.vmware.com in conjunction with the conference call.
1 CDP. The A List 2020. Available at: https://www.cdp.net/en/companies/companies-scores
2 Forrester Research, Inc., The Forrester Wave(tm): Hybrid Cloud Management, Q4 2020, authored by Tracy Woo, November 30th, 2020
3 Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure Software, 7 December 2020, Jeffrey Hewitt, Philip Dawson, Julia Palmer, Tony Harvey
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
4 IDC, IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software 2021 Vendor Assessment, January 2021, #US46957820
5 IDC, IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software for Apple Devices 2021 Vendor Assessment, January 2021, #US46965620
6 IDC, IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software for Ruggedized/Internet of Things Deployment 2021 Vendor Assessment, January 2021, #US46957920
# # #
VMware’s website is located at www.vmware.com, and its investor relations website is located at http://ir.vmware.com. VMware’s goal is to maintain the investor relations website as a portal through which investors can easily find or navigate to pertinent information about VMware, all of which is made available free of charge. The additional information includes: materials that VMware files with the SEC; announcements of investor conferences, speeches and events at which its executives talk about its products, services and competitive strategies; webcasts of its quarterly earnings calls, investor conferences and events (archives of which are also available for a limited time); additional information on its financial metrics, including reconciliations of non-GAAP financial measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures; press releases on quarterly earnings, product and service announcements, legal developments and international news; corporate governance information; other news, blogs and announcements that VMware may post from time to time that investors may find useful or interesting; and opportunities to sign up for email alerts and RSS feeds to have information pushed in real time.
VMware, Workspace ONE, and VMware Blockchain are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective organizations.
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures
Reconciliations of non-GAAP financial measures to VMware’s financial results as determined in accordance with GAAP are included at the end of this press release following the accompanying financial data. For a description of these non-GAAP financial measures, including the reasons management uses each measure, please see the section of the tables titled “About Non-GAAP Financial Measures.”
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding customers continuing to choose VMware technologies and solutions for the future; VMware continuing to build and scale its Subscription and SaaS business and to deliver new offerings; VMware reaching the goals in its 2030 Agenda; and the expected benefits to customers of partnerships, and products, solutions and services, including in areas of VMware Blockchain and VMware Workspace ONE. These forward-looking statements are subject to the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (1) the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our operations, financial condition, our customers, the business environment and the global and regional economies; (2) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (3) delays or reductions in consumer, government and information technology spending; (4) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures, industry consolidation, entry of new competitors into the virtualization software and cloud, end user and mobile computing, and security industries, as well as new product and marketing initiatives by VMware’s competitors; (5) the ability to successfully integrate into VMware acquired companies and assets and smoothly transition services related to divested assets from VMware; (6) rapid technological changes in the virtualization software and cloud, end user, security and mobile computing industries; (7) VMware’s customers’ ability to transition to new products, platforms, services, solutions and computing strategies in such areas as containerization, modern applications, intrinsic security and networking, cloud, digital workspaces, virtualization and the software defined data center, and the uncertainty of their acceptance of emerging technology; (8) VMware’s ability to enter into, maintain and extend strategically effective partnerships, collaborations and alliances; (9) the continued risk of litigation and regulatory actions; (10) VMware’s ability to protect its proprietary technology; (11) changes to product and service development timelines; (12) VMware’s relationship with Dell Technologies and Dell’s ability to control matters requiring stockholder approval, including the election of VMware’s board members and matters relating to Dell’s investment in VMware; (13) the potential impact of Dell’s investigation of strategic alternatives with respect to its interest in VMware, including a potential spinoff and related special cash dividend; (14) VMware’s ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (15) the ability of VMware to utilize our relationship with Dell to leverage go-to-market and product development activities; (16) risks associated with cyber-attacks, information security and data privacy; (17) disruptions resulting from key management changes; (18) risks associated with international sales such as fluctuating currency exchange rates and increased trade barriers; (19) changes in VMware’s financial condition; (20) geopolitical changes such as Brexit and increased tariffs and trade barriers that could adversely impact our non-U.S. sales; (21) geopolitical, macroeconomic and global environmental changes that may impact our 2030 Agenda; and (22) other business effects, including those related to industry, market, economic, political, regulatory and global health conditions. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this press release, are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including VMware’s most recent reports on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8- K that we may file from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. VMware assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
VMware treibt mit seiner Unternehmenssoftware die digitale Infrastruktur der Welt voran. Die Lösungen des Unternehmens in den Bereichen Cloud, Mobility, Netzwerk und Security ermöglichen mehr als 500.000 Unternehmenskunden weltweit eine dynamische und effiziente digitale Grundlage für deren geschäftliche Erfolge. Unterstützt werden sie dabei von dem weltweiten VMware-Partnernetzwerk, bestehend aus rund 75.000 Partnern. Das im kalifornischen Palo Alto ansässige Unternehmen setzt seit über 20 Jahren seine technologischen Innovationen sowohl für unternehmerische als auch soziale Belange ein. Die deutsche Geschäftsstelle von VMware befindet sich in München. Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter https://www.vmware.com/de.html.
Maisberger GmbH für VMware
Tel. +49 (0) 89 / 41 95 99 - 71