VMware gibt Finanzzahlen für das vierte Quartal und das Geschäftsjahr 2017 bekannt
- Jahresumsatz-Rekord von 7,92 Milliarden US-Dollar; ein Anstieg von 12 Prozent im Vergleich zum Vorjahr
- Der Umsatz für das vierte Quartal liegt bei 2,31 Milliarden US-Dollar und steigt zum Vorjahresquartal um 14 Prozent
München, 02. März 2018 – VMware, Innovationsführer im Bereich Unternehmenssoftware, gibt heute die Finanzzahlen für das vierte Quartal sowie für das Geschäftsjahr 2017 bekannt.
Weitere Details zu den Finanzzahlen entnehmen Sie bitte der englischsprachigen Pressemeldung wie folgt:
- Revenue for the fourth quarter was $2.31 billion, an increase of 14% from the fourth quarter of 2016.
- License revenue for the fourth quarter was $1.07 billion, an increase of 20% from the fourth quarter of 2016.
- GAAP net loss for the fourth quarter was $440 million, or $1.09 per diluted share, compared to GAAP net income of $441 million, or $1.04 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2016. GAAP results include an estimated net tax expense recognized in connection with the enactment of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of $970 million. An estimated $800 million of this tax relates to the international portion of our earnings, and an estimated $167 million of this tax relates to the re-measurement of deferred taxes using lower U.S. tax rates. Non-GAAP net income for the quarter was $691 million, or $1.68 per diluted share, up 18% per diluted share compared to $597 million, or $1.43 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2016.
- GAAP operating income for the fourth quarter was $648 million, an increase of 19% from the fourth quarter of 2016. Non-GAAP operating income for the fourth quarter was $862 million, an increase of 15% from the fourth quarter of 2016.
- Operating cash flows for the fourth quarter were $847 million. Free cash flows for the quarter were $748 million.
- Total revenue plus sequential change in total unearned revenue grew 14% year-over-year.
- License revenue plus sequential change in unearned license revenue grew 13% year-over-year.
- Revenue for fiscal year 2018 was $7.92 billion, an increase of 12% from 2016.
- License revenue for fiscal year 2018 was $3.19 billion, an increase of 14% from 2016.
- GAAP net income for fiscal year 2018 was $570 million, or $1.38 per diluted share, compared to $1.19 billion, or $2.78 per diluted share, for 2016. GAAP results include an estimated net tax expense recognized in connection with the enactment of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of $970 million. An estimated $800 million of this tax relates to the international portion of our earnings, and an estimated $167 million of this tax relates to the re-measurement deferred taxes using lower U.S. tax rates. Non-GAAP net income for the year was $2.15 billion, or $5.19 per diluted share, up 18% per diluted share compared to $1.86 billion, or $4.39 per diluted share, for 2016.
- GAAP operating income for fiscal year 2018 was $1.69 billion, an increase of 17% from 2016. Non-GAAP operating income for the year was $2.63 billion, an increase of 15% from 2016.
- Operating cash flows for fiscal year 2018 were $3.21 billion. Free cash flows for the year were $2.95 billion.
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments were $11.65 billion, and unearned revenue was $6.25 billion as of February 2, 2018.
“Our strong Q4 and terrific fiscal year 2018 results demonstrate the power of our broad-based portfolio and a strategy that continues to resonate, resulting in strong customer momentum,” commented Pat Gelsinger, chief executive officer, VMware. “As we celebrate our twentieth anniversary this year, we remain committed to delivering breakthrough software innovation that drives customer success.”
“Q4 closed a strong fiscal year 2018 for VMware,” said Zane Rowe, executive vice president and chief financial officer, VMware. “We achieved $7.9 billion in revenue and operating cash flows of over $3.2 billion for the year, while continuing to invest in products and services to drive future growth.”
Recent Highlights & Strategic Announcements
- VMware announced expanded availability of VMware Cloud on AWS to include the AWS U.S. East (N. Virginia) region in addition to the U.S. West (Oregon) region. VMware and AWS also introduced additional VMware capabilities and support for VMware Site Recovery and VMware vMotion, making it even easier for customers to move, run and protect mission-critical applications at scale.
- VMware completed its acquisition of VeloCloud Networks. This industry-leading, cloud-delivered SD-WAN solution is now a part of VMware’s growing software-based networking portfolio. The acquisition of VeloCloud significantly advances the company’s strategy of enabling customers to run, manage, connect and secure any application on any cloud to any device.
- VMware introduced VMware Cloud Foundation 2.3, the latest release of its integrated hybrid cloud platform. VMware Cloud Foundation 2.3 introduces integrated cloud management platform (CMP) capabilities that provide customers with a simplified path to building a hybrid cloud, based on consistent infrastructure and operations.
- In February, VMware and Pivotal announced the general availability of VMware Enterprise PKS. Enterprise PKS is a Kubernetes-based container service designed to meet the needs of operators and developers by providing native Kubernetes combined with advanced day-1 and day-2 capabilities needed to run Kubernetes at scale in production.
- VMware has been positioned in the Leaders quadrant of Gartner, Inc.’s February 2018 Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure.(1)
- VMware has been positioned as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Mobility Management, Q4 2017, evaluating enterprise mobility management (EMM) vendors.(2) The company was also named a leader in the “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Mobility Management Software for Ruggedized/IoT Device Deployments 2017 Vendor Assessment.”(3)
- VMware announced the general availability of VMware Pulse IoT Center, the first solution in a new family of VMware Internet of Things (IoT) offerings. VMware Pulse IoT Center is an enterprise grade, IoT device management and monitoring solution that helps Information Technology and Operational Technology organizations to onboard, manage, monitor and secure their IoT use cases from the edge to the cloud.
The company will host a conference call today at 2:00 p.m. PT/ 5:00 p.m. ET to review financial results and business outlook. A live web broadcast of the event will be available on the VMware investor relations website at http://ir.vmware.com. Slides will accompany the web broadcast. The replay of the webcast and slides will be available on the website for two months. In addition, six quarters of historical data for unearned revenue that include year-over-year comparisons will also be made available at http://ir.vmware.com in conjunction with the conference call.
# # #
Revised Fiscal Calendar—Year-over-Year Comparisons of Quarterly Results and Sequential Change in Unearned Revenue Balances
VMware revised its fiscal calendar effective January 1, 2017. VMware’s first fiscal year under its revised fiscal calendar began on February 4, 2017 and ended February 2, 2018 (FY2018). The period from January 1, 2017 through February 3, 2017 was recorded as a transition period and was first reported as a separate period in VMware’s Form 10-Q filing for the first quarter of fiscal 2018 and will be reported as a separate period in VMware’s Form 10-K filing for the fiscal year ended, February 2, 2018.
Year-over-year comparisons of quarterly financial results included in this press release and the attached financial tables compare results for VMware’s fiscal 2018 fourth quarter (November 4, 2017 through February 2, 2018) to VMware’s fiscal 2016 fourth quarter (October 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016), and VMware's full fiscal year 2018 (February 4, 2017 through February 2, 2018) to VMware's full fiscal year 2016 (January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016). Sequential changes in total unearned revenue and unearned license revenue for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2018 compare VMware’s total unearned revenue and unearned license revenue balances as of November 3, 2017, the last day of the VMware’s fiscal 2018 third quarter, to the respective balances as of February 2, 2018, the last day of VMware’s fiscal 2018 fourth quarter.
VMware treibt mit seiner Unternehmenssoftware die digitale Infrastruktur der Welt voran. Die Lösungen des Unternehmens in den Bereichen Rechenzentrum, Cloud, Mobility, Netzwerk und Security bieten eine flexible und effiziente Grundlage für den Geschäftserfolg und lassen schon heute mehr als 500.000 Kunden profitieren. Vertrieben wird das umfassende Portfolio von einem globalen Netzwerk aus 75.000 Partnern. Das Unternehmen, mit Hauptsitz im kalifornischen Silicon Valley, feiert in diesem Jahr zwanzigjähriges Jubiläum und zahlreiche bahnbrechende Innovationen. Die deutsche Geschäftsstelle befindet sich in München. Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter https://www.vmware.com/de.
Maisberger GmbH für VMware
Tel. +49 (0) 89 / 41 95 99 - 94
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.