VMware gibt Finanzzahlen für das erste Quartal des Geschäftsjahres 2020 bekannt
- Umsatzwachstum von 13 Prozent gegenüber dem Vorjahr
- Weitere 1,5 Mrd. US-Dollar für Aktienrückkäufe, die bis zum Ende des Geschäftsjahres 2021 genehmigt wurden
München, 03. Juni 2019 – VMware, Innovationsführer im Bereich Unternehmenssoftware, gibt heute die Finanzzahlen für das erste Quartal des Finanzjahres 2020 bekannt.
Weitere Details zu den Finanzzahlen entnehmen Sie bitte der englischsprachigen Pressemeldung wie folgt:
- Revenue for the first quarter was $2.27 billion, an increase of 13% from the first quarter of fiscal 2019.
- License revenue for the first quarter was $869 million, an increase of 12% from the first quarter of fiscal 2019.
- GAAP net income for the first quarter was $505 million, including an unrealized gain of $132 million on an investment in Pivotal Software, or $1.21 per diluted share, compared to $942 million, or $2.29 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2019. Non-GAAP net income for the first quarter was $553 million, or $1.32 per diluted share, up 5% per diluted share compared to $516 million, or $1.26 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2019.
- GAAP operating income for the first quarter was $415 million, an increase of 9% from the first quarter of fiscal 2019. Non-GAAP operating income for the first quarter was $667 million, an increase of 12% from the first quarter of fiscal 2019.
- Operating cash flow for the first quarter was $1.27 billion. Free cash flow for the first quarter was $1.20 billion.
- Total revenue plus sequential change in total unearned revenue grew 25% year-over-year.
- License revenue plus sequential change in unearned license revenue grew 23% year-over-year.
VMware is maintaining its full-year fiscal 2020 guidance, including total revenue of $10.03 billion, GAAP operating margin of between 21.4% and 22.8% and non-GAAP operating margin of 33%.
The company also announced that its Board of Directors has authorized the repurchase of up to $1.5 billion of its Class A common stock through fiscal 2021, which ends on January 29, 2021. Stock will be repurchased from time to time, in the open market or through private transactions, subject to market conditions. This stock authorization is in addition to the Company’s ongoing $1 billion stock repurchase program announced in August 2017, which had $243 million remaining at the end of the first quarter.
“Q1 was a good start to fiscal 2020 with strength across our comprehensive solutions portfolio,” commented Pat Gelsinger, CEO, VMware. “We were especially pleased to announce a number of agreements during the quarter with key partners Amazon Web Services, Dell and Microsoft as customers continue to turn to VMware’s cloud infrastructure technology to enable their digital transformations.”
“Our Q1 results reflect continued progress in expanding VMware’s broad platform for hybrid and multi-cloud environments,” said Zane Rowe, executive vice president and CFO, VMware. “We’re reiterating our full-year fiscal 2020 guidance and are pleased to announce that the board has authorized an incremental $1.5 billion dollars in stock repurchases through the end of fiscal year 2021.”
Quarterly Business Highlights & Strategic Announcements
- VMware and AWS announced an expansion of their partnership, with AWS now able to resell VMware Cloud on AWS. The service is now available in 14 regions globally, including recent availability in the Canada, Mumbai, Paris and Singapore zones.
- At Dell Technologies World, Dell, Microsoft and VMware announced the following partnership expansions:
- Microsoft will deliver a fully native, supported, and certified VMware cloud infrastructure on Microsoft Azure called Azure VMware Solutions.
- VMware Workspace ONE will be able to manage Office 365 across devices via cloud-based integration with Microsoft Intune and Azure Active Directory and the extension of VMware Horizon Cloud on Azure to include Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Microsoft and VMware are exploring initiatives to drive further integration between VMware infrastructure and Azure such as integration of VMware NSX with Azure Networking and integration of specific Azure services with VMware management solutions. They will also be exploring bringing specific Azure services to the VMware on-premises customers.
- VMware introduced VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, which will provide simple, more secure and scalable infrastructure delivered as-a-service to customers’ on-premises data center and edge locations.
- VMware updated VMware NSX-T Data Center 2.4 and NSX Cloud, expanding capabilities for enterprise customers’, large and small, along with communications service providers’ adoption of Network Function Virtualization (NFV).
- At the RSA Conference, VMware introduced the VMware Service-defined Firewall, an innovative approach to internal firewalling that reduces the attack surface for on-premises and cloud environments with security that is an intrinsic part of the infrastructure.
- VMware Essential PKS and Enterprise PKS 1.4 was made generally available. PKS streamlines DevOps workflows and takes advantage of new networking, security, and automation features designed for Kubernetes (K8s) at scale.
- New advancements were made across the VMware vRealize cloud management platform helping IT enable developers and IT admins to quickly build and deliver applications in hybrid cloud environments with more secure and consistent operations.
- VMware acquired Bitnami, a leader in application packaging solutions providing the largest catalog of click-to-deploy applications and development stacks for major cloud and Kubernetes environments. VMware also completed the acquisition of AetherPal, a provider of remote support solutions that enable IT to remotely view, control, troubleshoot, and fix devices and applications in the field.
- At its Partner Leadership Summit, VMware unveiled VMware Partner Connect, a new, dramatically simplified and flexible program that will go live early next year. The new partner program will enable partners to do business with VMware in a way that aligns to their business models.
The company will host a conference call today at 1:30 p.m. PT/ 4:30 p.m. ET to review financial results and business outlook. A live web broadcast of the event will be available on the VMware investor relations website at http://ir.vmware.com. Slides will accompany the web broadcast. The replay of the webcast and slides will be available on the website for two months. In addition, six quarters of historical data for unearned revenue will also be made available at http://ir.vmware.com in conjunction with the conference call.
VMware’s website is located at www.vmware.com, and its investor relations website is located at http://ir.vmware.com. VMware’s goal is to maintain the investor relations website as a portal through which investors can easily find or navigate to pertinent information about VMware, all of which is made available free of charge. The additional information includes: materials that VMware files with the SEC; announcements of investor conferences, speeches and events at which its executives talk about its products, services and competitive strategies; webcasts of its quarterly earnings calls, investor conferences and events (archives of which are also available for a limited time); additional information on its financial metrics, including reconciliations of non-GAAP financial measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures; press releases on quarterly earnings, product and service announcements, legal developments and international news; corporate governance information; other news, blogs and announcements that VMware may post from time to time that investors may find useful or interesting; and opportunities to sign up for email alerts and RSS feeds to have information pushed in real time.
VMware, VMware Cloud, Workspace ONE, Horizon, NSX-T, NSX Cloud, VMware Essential PKS, VMware Enterprise PKS, vRealize, Bitnami and AetherPal are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective organizations.
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures
Reconciliations of non-GAAP financial measures to VMware’s financial results as determined in accordance with GAAP are included at the end of this press release following the accompanying financial data. For a description of these non-GAAP financial measures, including the reasons management uses each measure, please see the section of the tables titled “About Non-GAAP Financial Measures.”
VMware treibt mit seiner Unternehmenssoftware die digitale Infrastruktur der Welt voran. Die Lösungen des Unternehmens in den Bereichen Cloud, Netzwerk und Security sowie digitaler Arbeitsplatz bieten eine flexible und effiziente Grundlage für den Geschäftserfolg von mehr als 500.000 Kunden weltweit. Vertrieben wird das umfassende Portfolio von einem globalen Netzwerk aus 75.000 Partnern. Das Unternehmen mit Hauptsitz im kalifornischen Silicon Valley setzt seine zahlreichen technologischen Innovationen im Rahmen des „Force for Good“-Ansatzes ein, um auf globaler Ebene Positives zu bewirken. Die deutsche Geschäftsstelle befindet sich in München. Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter https://www.vmware.com/de.
Maisberger GmbH für VMware
Tel. +49 (0) 89 / 41 95 99 - 71