Product innovations delivered through a stronger partner ecosystem to support Filipino enterprises as they pivot towards a new business reality
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, August 27, 2020 – VMware, a leading innovator in enterprise software, has announced enhancements to its Workspace ONE and VMware Cloud portfolios to enable greater agility, innovation and business resiliency for organizations in the Philippines as they adapt to a mobile and digital-first economy. These innovations will be delivered through VMware’s partner ecosystem across the Philippines, which has been mobilized to help customers connect, accelerate, scale and protect their organizational assets as they work through business and societal disruption.
“As our customers continue to adapt their business and operational models to the evolving situation, the very concept of work has also changed accordingly. In this new normal, customers need employees who are able to work seamlessly in a secure environment, anywhere, anytime,” said Walter So, Country Manager, VMware Philippines. “Our partners continue to act as trusted advisors, helping customers adapt and thrive in this environment. In the past few months, they have helped to set up remote working capabilities, architect cloud and app infrastructure, and deploy intrinsic security solutions for many in a matter of weeks, and sometimes sooner. We are extremely grateful for their tireless efforts.”
Mobilizing the partner ecosystem
By strengthening collaboration with its partners, VMware has amplified its ability to help enterprises across the country implement their business continuity plans quickly, with minimal operational disruptions. The approach involves:
- Connecting and engaging workforces via Digital Workspace solutions with seamless access to critical applications via organizational or personal devices
- Accelerating the performance of enterprise applications as remote connections increase
- Scaling elastic capacity quickly as new remote users come online and service demand rises
- Protecting all endpoints as workers more securely access organizational assets remotely
Product Innovations to meet evolving business continuity needs
VMware’s push towards strengthening the enterprise mobility ecosystem in the Philippines follows the company’s recent enhancements to its technology portfolio to enable businesses to Connect, Accelerate, Scale and Protect businesses as they cope with the new normal:
- VMware Workspace ONE to provide all employees with a more secure digital workspace on across any device, including personal mobile devices, desktops, and laptops.
- Building New Ways of Working: Workspace ONE can help companies develop and retain top talent by continually engaging employees with company information and leveraging curated notifications for corporate communications.
- Cultivate a Remote-First Experience: Workspace ONE helps organizations build a digital environment and manage employee policies that support the success of the most remote employee to enable every employee to be successful.
- VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud enables organizations to rapidly deploy high-performance branch access to cloud services or private data centers, giving them the ability to scale their networks swiftly to provide the workforce with optimized access to critical resources anytime, anywhere.
- VMware Cloud on AWS delivers new innovations, better cloud economics: VMware’s preferred public cloud service for vSphere-based workloads, the new capabilities added to VMware Cloud on AWS will expand access and lower the costs for organizations of all sizes to migrate and modernize their VMware-based enterprise applications to VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Reduce operational burden with Google Cloud VMware Engine: An integrated service which delivers a full managed VMware Cloud Foundation stack – VMware vSphere, vCenter, vSAN, NSX-T, and HCX for cloud migration.
- Availability of VMware's vRealize Automation Cloud Service: Available in Singapore and accessible across the region, the service enables the rapid delivery of any new applications and manage the lifecycle of these services on any cloud to meet business needs.
- VMware Carbon Black Cloud to enable machine learning and behavioral analytics to empower security teams to harden, prevent, detect, and respond to any threat, vulnerability or risky system configuration in real-time.
VMware Partner Quotes:
“Our partnership with VMware has prepared us to respond to the infrastructure, security and automation needs of our customers during this Pandemic. VMware has not only provided us with products and solutions, but more importantly they have invested in enabling our workforce to enable us to deliver and execute appropriate solutions in a seamless and frictionless fashion. As we journey into the new normal, we are confident that we have the right partnership and technology to deliver remote-first strategy and Business Continuity solutions.” – Allyxon Cua, President of AMTI
"As the Philippine government tries to stop the spread of Covid-19, business organizations are helping this cause by quickly transitioning their workplaces and empowering their employees with technological tools and solutions to enable them to work effectively from home. Prior to the pandemic, our company had been preparing and enhancing our services in order to provide our customers with a robust and flexible digital workspace, utilizing VMWare technologies in a hybrid and multi cloud environment. We are committed to helping our customers adapt to this new paradigm shift effectively and efficiently, together with VMware and its entire ecosystem." – Mr, George Barcelon, Owner and President of Integrated Computer Systems, Inc., President Emeritus of the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI).
“MDi continues to be at the forefront of promoting the rapid digitalization of organizations in the Philippines. The sudden imposition of the quarantine five months ago has left most organizations very little time to prepare. We have been working hard towards enabling each organization in achieving a running, stable, and secure digital workplace. With VMware, we are able to offer solutions that enable enterprises with a simplified and easy way to manage their workforce and keeping them productive and efficient while maintaining the necessary level of security and access controls." – Dr. William Emmanuel Yu, Chief Technology Officer of MDi.
“VMware technology has long been the gold standard for enterprises around the world and we are excited to be able to offer this to SMEs and start-ups in the Philippines. With the launch of this Demo Lab, small businesses will now have access to incredible enterprise-grade innovations that will go a long way towards strengthening the Philippines’ innovation ecosystem. Together with VMware, we would like to call upon all entrepreneurs, innovators and business partners to collaborate with us on this journey as well,” – Jimmy Go, president and CEO VST ECS Phils Inc
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. The company’s cloud, app modernization, networking, security, and digital workspace offerings help customers deliver any application on any cloud across any device. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, VMware is committed to being a force for good, from its breakthrough technology innovations to its global impact. For more information, please visit https://www.vmware.com/
VMware, Workspace ONE, Velocloud, vSphere, vCenter, vSAN, NSX-T, HCX and Carbon Black are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. This article may contain hyperlinks to non-VMware websites that are created and maintained by third parties who are solely responsible for the content on such websites.
SEAK Communications, VMware
Phone: +65 9630 5579