PALO ALTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a leading innovator in enterprise software, today announced it has been positioned as a leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Virtual Client Computing 2019-2020 Vendor Assessment, which evaluated 10 virtual client computing (VCC) vendors.
The vendor assessment report states, “VMware's breadth and depth of virtual client computing technologies is in keeping with the company's role as a leader and general services provider in the market.” The report continues, “VMware's customers specifically mentioned the value gained by leveraging the VMware Horizon solution as a component of the company's overall software-defined datacenter platform. Unifying physical device management (including PCs, Chromebooks, and phones), digital workspace creation/operations, and client workspace security into the overall platform is an attractive proposition for customers that are already invested in it.”
sv VMware is helping customers simplify and streamline how virtual desktops and applications are managed, better secured and accessed as part of their digital workspace – on premises, in the cloud or via a combination of both. This year, VMware announced several new innovations designed to further simplify and automate cloud management of virtual desktops and apps, including:
- VMware Horizon Services for Multi-Cloud: At VMworld U.S. 2019, VMware introduced VMware Horizon Services for Multi-Cloud to enable hybridity and ease of management across multi-cloud deployments. New services include monitoring, which is now generally available, as well as application management, now generally available for Horizon 7.
- VMware Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure Extending Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop: Now in technology preview, this new capability will allow customers to run the features of Windows Virtual Desktop, including Windows 10 Enterprise multi-session and Windows 7 with free Extended Security Updates (for up to three years), in their Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure environments. It also introduces the first Azure-based Horizon control plane.
- App Volumes 4.0: VMware also unveiled an updated version of App Volumes, a portfolio of application and user management solutions for Horizon, Citrix virtual apps and desktops, and Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) virtual environments. App Volumes 4.0, now generally available, enables customers to simplify app packaging and lifecycle management by leveraging new algorithms for AppStack delivery.
- Horizon Universal License: With the VMware Subscription Upgrade Program for Horizon, Horizon 7 customers can upgrade existing perpetual licenses to Horizon Universal License at a price reflecting the additional value, allowing them to deploy anywhere – on premises or in the cloud.
“We continue to advance our Horizon platform to provide customers with a streamlined approach to delivering, protecting and managing virtual desktops and apps on-premises, in the cloud or in a hybrid or multi-cloud environment,” said Shankar Iyer, senior vice president and general manager, End-User Computing, VMware. “With a focus on simplifying the management and delivery of virtual desktops and applications, Horizon’s new innovations and capabilities provide IT teams with the flexibility they need to enable a great end user experience, better secure their digital workspace environment and reduce complexity and costs.”
To access an excerpt of the “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Virtual Client Computing 2019-2020 Vendor Assessment” (Doc #US45752419, January 2020) report, click here.
- Read a perspective on this news from Sachin Sharma, senior product line marketing manager, End-User Computing, on the VMware End-User Computing blog
- Visit the VMware Horizon product page
- Get all VMware End-User Computing updates on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Follow VMware on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
VMware, VMworld, and Horizon are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
There is no commitment or obligation that technology previews or beta features will become generally available.
About IDC MarketScape: IDC MarketScape vendor assessment model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. The company’s cloud, app modernization, networking, security, and digital workspace offerings help customers deliver any application on any cloud across any device. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, VMware is committed to being a force for good, from its breakthrough technology innovations to its global impact. For more information, please visit https://www.vmware.com/company.html
VMware Global Communications
Phone: +1 860 480 3367