VMware Introduces Second Generation of VMware Cloud on Dell EMC to Support Infrastructure Modernization and Business Continuity Initiatives
VMware Cloud Service Delivers Simple, More Secure, and Scalable Cloud Infrastructure to the Data Center and Edge Utilizing Dell Technologies
Singapore – May 22, 2020 – VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) today announced the availability of the second generation of VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, a cloud service that combines the simplicity and agility of thepublic cloud with the security and control of enterprise-grade on-premises infrastructure. Jointly developed with Dell Technologies, this VMware service delivers simple, more secure and scalable infrastructure as-a-service to customers’ on-premises data center and edge locations.
“Today’s IT teams are under constant pressure to deliver the advantages of a cloud operating model—namely, speed and agility—while still accounting for key security and compliance assurances,” said Fidelma Russo, senior vice president and general manager, VMware Cloud on Dell EMC. “VMware Cloudon Dell EMC further enables IT teams to transform the operation, management and protection of their on-premises infrastructure to a cloud model. Organizations can migrate existing VMware-based workloads immediately to this cloud service, eliminating any re-development, re-factoring, or architectural reworkand related costs. Additionally, it maximizes the value from existing IT investments—eliminating thepotential need for point IT tools and related processes.”
Register today for the VMware Cloud on Dell EMC digital event on May 21, 2020 at 8:00am PDT.
Cloud Service Unveils VDI Support, Large-Scale Deployment and Data Protection Capabilities
VMware Cloud on Dell EMC and features high-performance compute, storage and networking capabilities powered by VMware vSphere, VMware vSAN and VMware NSX running on Dell EMC VxRail, the leader in Dell Technologies #1 hyperconverged systems. The service is designed to help IT organizations reduce operational complexity and accelerate innovation. VMware Cloud on Dell EMC supports a hybrid cloud model for IT enabling them to deliver infrastructure as-a-service to data center and edge locations with consistent infrastructure and operations. This cloud service provides administrators with management of and visibility into all on-premises systems and is powered by VMware Cloud Foundation.
The second generation of VMware Cloud on Dell EMC introduces several new key capabilities:
● Business Continuity Support via VDI: In today’s environment, virtual desktops are a critical capability for enabling business continuity as more people work from home. VMware Horizon enables enterprises to offer their remote workforces more secure access to their desktops and applications—especially valuable in highly regulated industries such as healthcare and financial services. VMware Cloud on Dell EMC is now fully certified for VMware Horizon to deliver virtual desktops at the edge or in the data center.
● Enterprise-Grade Deployment Options: With a brand new, full enterprise-grade rack type for data center and colocation deployment, VMware Cloud on Dell EMC has doubled capabilities for compute, storage and networking in support of traditional and modern applications. This new, powerful 42RU R2 rack is now available in addition to the previously available R1 rack. Additionally, the cloud service now features automatic capacity expansion to ease scalability through the addition of new nodes over time.
● Data Protection and Operational Transparency: VMware Cloud on Dell EMC now offers support for backup and recovery with certification of Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager to protect customers’ workloads. Additionally, the service supports other leading backup and recovery solutions. To enable greater operational transparency, insights and compliance, the service also introduced complete support for VMware vRealize Log Insight including integration with existing log solutions.VMware Cloud on Dell EMC harnesses the full power of the VMware Software Defined Data Center, one of the most proven, most widely deployed cloud infrastructures supporting some of the most demanding business critical applications across global data centers. VMware Cloud on Dell EMC pioneers a new model for IT that delivers VMware’s SDDC stack on-premises as-a-service and is operated and updatedby VMware end-to-end. VMware Cloud on Dell EMC is core to the Dell Technologies Cloud data center as-a-service solution.
“Where we work and where we live are changing more rapidly than ever before. The ability to deliver innovative new capabilities and enhance business level continuity in any location depends upon the use of Local Cloud as a Services and VDI solutions that transform infrastructure into easy to deploy andoperate resources. With its second generation VMC on Dell EMC offering, VMware is providing the kind of consistent, secure, and centrally managed platform that enterprises need to respond to rapidly evolving needs.” – Richard Villars, Group Vice President, Worldwide Research at International Data Corporation
“Our customers expect flexibility and consistency in their use of cloud technologies from the core to the edge. They expect cloud to be a seamless enabler across these environments. With the second generation of VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, we are extending this cloud service capability to a broader set of enterprise use cases. With the tight integration between Dell EMC VxRail and VMware, we are enabling our customers with even greater performance, delivered as a service, across edge locations, the data center and public clouds.” – Deepak Patil, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Platforms & Solutions, Dell Technologies
“We have worked closely with VMware since early days of VMware Cloud on Dell EMC becoming available as a cloud service. WWT has seen tremendous interest and demand for this innovative solution and we are working side-by-side with VMware to enable our mutual customers on the service. The latest announcement of the next-generation of VMware Cloud on Dell EMC expansion brings this solution to the next level with extended scale and incorporation of leading back-up solutions from Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager—making this a great choice for our customers.” – Bob Olwig, vice presidentof Business Development and Marketing, World Wide Technology
Pricing & Availability
The second generation of VMware Cloud on Dell EMC is now available in the U.S. The subscription-based service offers cloud-like flexible consumption and payment options.
● Read the Introducing the 2nd Generation of VMware Cloud on Dell EMC blog post
● Register today for the VMware Cloud on Dell EMC digital event on May 21, 2020 at 8:00am PDT
● Learn more about VMware Cloud on Dell EMC
● Read the Dell Technologies Cloud and Google Cloud Launch Hybrid Storage Solution press release
● Connect with VMware on Twitter and Facebook
About VMware Cloud
VMware Cloud™ gives customers maximum flexibility to select the best cloud environment to deploy and run applications on any device, with the ability to leverage development platforms and building blocks for new applications while maintaining consistent operations that help enable the integrity of the entire IT portfolio. VMware Cloud provides an essential software foundation that delivers a common operating environment spanning on-premises data centers and leading public/managed clouds. VMware Cloud delivers an optimal environment for applications: custom-built apps, packaged apps, virtualized, cloud native and SaaS. VMware Cloud creates an ideal environment for building, testing and deploying production applications and is supported by a broad ecosystem of partners.
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. The company’s cloud, app modernization, networking, security, and digital workspace offerings help customers deliver any application on any cloud across any device. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, VMware is committed to being a force for good, from its breakthrough technology innovations to its global impact. For more information, please visit https://www.vmware.com/company.html.
VMware, vSphere, NSX, Horizon, vRealize, vRealize Log Insight, and VMware vSAN are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Phone: +65 9630 5579
OPRG for VMware
Phone: +65 9763 0042