- Excitement and optimism on the potential of Generative AI to transform the Asia Pacific technology landscape takes center stage at VMware Explore 2023 Singapore
- Leading innovators from the region such as ComfortDelGro, LG CNS, NTT DoCoMo, PSA Singapore, Singtel, Union Bank of India, Wipro amongst others highlight the value of digital transformation
SINGAPORE – September 27, 2023 –Organizations in Asia are deeply committed to driving innovation and tapping into new opportunities as well as navigating the challenges confidently in today’s fast-paced, interconnected world. To succeed, organizations juggle multiple responsibilities such as, driving top-line growth, empowering a flexible workforce while optimizing clouds spend and increase resilience. At VMware Explore 2023 Singapore, VMware is reinforcing its commitment to help match customers with the right applications with the right cloud and investing in the technologies that allow organizations to manage and operate across multi-cloud environments more consistently and securely.
A recent IDC research indicates that enterprises worldwide expect to spend more than half of their technology budgets on innovation through 2024. With a higher percentage of enterprise budgets allocated to digital innovation, technology providers that can support and empower these initiatives will be more valuable to enterprises.
“Asia-Pacific has been at the forefront of growth fuelled by multi-cloud innovation. We’re committed to helping clients at every point in their transformation journey, whether starting out managing the complexity of multi-cloud or harnessing the power of a digital foundation to leverage the generative AI opportunity,” said Sylvain Cazard, Senior Vice President and General Manager for APJ, VMware. “Our recently launched offering, VMware Private AI Foundation, further strengthens our commitment to opening up new possibilities for our customers, helping them get future-ready and leverage the full potential of Generative AI.”
VMware Explore 2023 announcements in brief below:
VMware Puts the Power of Generative AI Within Reach of Any Enterprise
VMware introduced new Private AI offerings to drive enterprise adoption of generative AI and tap into the value of corporate data. The announcements include:
- VMware Private AI Foundation with NVIDIA, extending the companies’ strategic partnership to ready enterprises that run VMware’s cloud infrastructure for the next era of generative AI. Read the joint VMware and NVIDIA press release here.
- VMware Private AI Reference Architecture for Open Source to help customers achieve their desired AI outcomes by supporting leading open source software (OSS) technologies today and in the future. At VMware Explore 2023, VMware is showcasing collaborations with leading companies from across the AI value chain, including Anyscale, Domino Daa Lab, Hugging Face, Intel, and global systems integrators.
VMware has announced a new VMware AI Ready program, which will connect ISVs with tools and resources needed to validate and certify their products on VMware Private AI Reference Architecture. VMware also introduced Intelligent Assist, a family of generative AI-based solutions trained on VMware’s proprietary data to simplify and automate all aspects of enterprise IT in a multi-cloud era. Read the full release here.
VMware Cloud helps Modernize, Optimize, and Better Protect Today’s Multi-Cloud Enterprises with New Offerings and Capabilities
VMware announced the next evolution of VMware Cloud, empowering customers with new editions and capabilities that will help them modernize, optimize, and better protect their organizations.
VMware Cloud is available in five prescriptive VMware Cloud editions (Essentials, Standard, Pro, Advanced, Enterprise) that help customers flexibly modernize infrastructure and management at every stage of their cloud transformation journey and can be deployed and managed in three ways: Customer Managed, VMware Managed and Provider Managed.
VMware has unveiled VMware NSX+, a new cloud-managed service offering of NSX for multi-cloud environments (previously Project NorthStar) that advances core networking and security capabilities for VMware Cloud. VMware is also introducing NSX+ virtual private clouds (VPCs) to provide full isolation of networking, security, and services to multiple tenants on a shared VMware Cloud infrastructure managed by a single global NSX interface.
Other highlights include:
- VMware vSAN max, a new offering within the vSAN family that will deliver petabyte-scale disaggregated storage for even more scalable, efficient and cost-effective storage for VMware Cloud.
- VMware Ransomware Recovery, an award-winning VMware Cloud service, designed to recover from fileless attacks using behavioral analysis of powered-on VMs in cloud-based isolated recovery environments (IREs).
- Early Availability of a new cloud-based ESXi lifecycle management service in VMware vSphere+, which will enable IT admins to centrally manage upgrades across their entire ESXi fleet in distributed multi-vCenter environments.
VMware Expands Tanzu to Accelerate App Delivery at Enterprise Scale
VMware introduced a suite of powerful new offerings across VMware Tanzu to provide customers with a complete solution to develop, deliver, and optimize apps across clouds. The Tanzu platform now brings together existing Tanzu and Aria products with new integrations, innovations and portfolio enhancements to revolutionize application delivery while focussing on application-centric visibility, proactive optimization, and multi-cloud management.
Highlights include a new VMware Tanzu Application Engine (in beta), enhanced multi-cloud Kubernetes operations, a developer portal that extends curated app templates, enhanced enterprise developer experience with Spring Framework 6 and a new platform engineer admin console to configure and operate the Tanzu Application Platform.
The new Tanzu Intelligence Services includes portions of the VMware Aria portfolio with the common data platform to supercharge platform engineering and cloud operations. The new innovations and enhancements feature a tech preview of VMware Tanzu with Intelligent Assist that will streamline operational workflows using a conversational chatbot experience powered by generative AI. Other highlights include VMware Tanzu CloudHealth, VMware Tanzu Insights, VMware Tanzu Guardrails and VMware Tanzu Transformer.
VMware Delivers Powerful Business Operation Transformation at the Edge
VMware has announced new capabilities, solutions, and services to help customers accelerate their digital transformation at the edge with a software-defined edge approach. This includes:
- VMware Edge Cloud Orchestrator (formerly VMware SASE Orchestrator), which will provide unified management for VMware SASE and the VMware Edge Compute Stack. Enhancements to the orchestrator will help customers plan, deploy, run, visualize, and manage their edge environments in a friction-free manner by providing a single console to manage edge compute infrastructure, networking and security.
- VMware Retail Edge, a new retail edge industry solution that will allow customers to reduce in-store infrastructure costs and management, remotely deploy and maintain applications on demand, and accelerate the deployment of next-generation AI apps. Read more about the new VMware Retail Edge solution in this blog post.
- VMware Private Mobile Network, a soon-to-be-available VMware Edge managed connectivity service, designed to help remove the complexity associated with private mobile networks and enable enterprises to focus on their strategic business outcomes.
VMware Advances Autonomous Workspaces with AI-Powered Integrations
VMware has announced modern AI integrations to the VMware Anywhere Workspace platform, part of the VMware Cross-Cloud services portfolio, that automatically optimize employee experience, drive new vulnerability management use cases, and simplify application lifecycle management. Highlights include:
- New Insights and Playbooks that broaden access to data, help strengthen VMware Insights, and allow for remediation of more issues.
- An expanded partnership with Intel that makes it easier for customers to secure and remotely manage work devices entirely from the cloud, with no additional on-premises infrastructure and management software needed.
- Additional expansions of App Volumes support to deliver apps on demand to persistent virtual desktops.
This article may contain hyperlinks to non-VMware websites that are created and maintained by third parties who are solely responsible for the content on such websites.
VMware is a leading provider of multi-cloud services for all apps, enabling digital innovation with enterprise control. As a trusted foundation to accelerate innovation, VMware software gives businesses the flexibility and choice they need to build the future. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, VMware is committed to building a better future through the company’s 2030 Agenda. For more information, please visit www.vmware.com/company.
VMware, Explore, NSX+, VMware vSAN, vSphere+, ESXi, Tanzu, CloudHealth, and Anywhere Workspace are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
“At ComfortDelGro, our technological transformation has been nothing short of extraordinary through our partnership with VMware. With a global network across seven countries, we have embraced a holistic approach towards a future-ready strategy, transitioning from legacy to a multi-cloud architecture, as well as standardising the security and workload management framework to a unified "OneCDG " operating model." said, Dirk Paul Sibiet, Head of IT Infrastructure and Security, ComfortDelGro.
“In this unstable macroeconomic environment, digitalization has opened a new world of opportunities for all of us. Partnering with VMware has been instrumental for us in pursuing more advanced digital capabilities in fulfilling our endeavour to expand our global reach in serving our customers. VMware’s robust solutions and architecture helped us with our conquest to empower our customers with advanced digital tools to further their business outcomes.” said, Ulysses Naguit, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Converge ICT Solutions Inc.
“A flexible and secure multi-cloud environment is critical in our digital transformation journey towards becoming a leading digital-first bank in Thailand. VMware’s solutions have helped speed up the delivery of our K8S platform from weeks to hours enabling a single interface, consistent processes and error reduction to nearly zero. This has enabled Dev and Ops teams to collaborate more closely and efficiently. The impact is not only on business outcomes but also in encouraging collaborative culture in the organization and driving organizational success in the cloud-native landscape,” said, Tawan Jithavech, CTO, KASIKORN Business-Technology Group (KBTG).
“VMware has been a key strategic partner on our Enterprise Data Platform journey, providing us with a universal and complete solution portfolio that works across ecosystems. Leveraging VMware’s advanced technologies, we have significantly evolved our big data platform to be able to help our enterprise customers manage and secure their big data efficiently and cost-effectively.” said, Eddie Jang, Head of Data Analytics & Tech Business Unit, D&A Division, LG CNS.
“As the world’s largest transshipment hub and a major supply chain orchestrator, PSA relies on continuous innovation and technology solutions to optimize complexity with agility and deliver operational excellence. VMware’s cutting-edge solutions, such as VMware Cloud Foundation and VMware Tanzu Application services, are key enablers in our digital transformation journey to stay ahead. Besides modernizing our systems, we are also creating new digital ecosystems beyond the port, and VMware has been alongside us as a valuable partner in this exciting journey.” said, Colin Yip, Head of Infocomm Technology and Data, PSA Singapore.
“VMware allows SGX to achieve a multi-clouds strategy with a cloud management platform to have consistent operations.” said, Tan Tiew Hin, Managing Director, Technology, Shared Services and Operations, SGX Group.
“Singtel and VMware have worked closely for many years to deliver innovative solutions to our mutual customers. With the advent of 5G, this now extends to new 5G services and access to a variety of ecosystem partners, delivering the agility and speed they need to accelerate their business transformation,” said, Bill Chang, CEO, Digital InfraCo Singtel.
“Union Bank of India has been on a well-charted course to become a bank of the future by modernizing the core technologies and VMware has been instrumental in helping us achieve our digital goals. VMware’s expertise in Data Migration, Infrastructure Integration and Application has been invaluable in seamless integration of our disparate IT environments reducing hardware costs significantly.” said, Anil Kuril, CTO &VH-IT, Analytics and CR&MIS, Union Bank of India.
“The innovative solutions we have created with VMware thus far enable enterprises to accelerate the development and deployment of more secure modern apps and empower their global workforce while dramatically simplifying the management of a multi-cloud infrastructure. Our recent expansion of partnership with VMware will allow customers to accelerate their cloud journey driving innovation, resilience and agility.” said, Anup Purohit, CIO, Wipro.
SEAK Communications, VMware
Phone: +65 9630 5579 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org